New Look

Monday, July 30, 2007


Obviously there are a few things different at AA today. I'll go through the laundry list of changes for you.....

1) Yes, I can't figure out how to get the logo to sit next to those pretty little buttons at the top of the page. It might be blank for a little while.
2) Your link is not gone for good in the Friends of AA section. It's just temporarily missing. I will fix that as soon as I fix the page header problem.
3) Yes, that's an ad you see sitting on the right. You'll be seeing a lot more of them as well. I know I'm going against everything I said, but you reach a point when someone offers you cash that you start to change your mind. Don't hate me.
4) How does all this change the site.....well, it doesn't.
5) If you have complaints, kudos, ideas, or just downright disdain for the direction I'm going please let me know in the comments.

XOXO,
AA

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 12:34 AM

13 Comments:

I suspect this is all looking worse than it should because my office uses a prehistoric edition of IE, but you've really got the "lightbulb" effect going now, don't ya? Bring back the dark!

TC said...
Jul 30, 2007, 9:00:00 AM  

I like the change...easier to follow.

Anonymous said...
Jul 30, 2007, 9:24:00 AM  

Just like Latrell Sprewell, you just need to support your family.

GMoney said...
Jul 30, 2007, 9:58:00 AM  

Hey your site is apparently worth 200+ K, make some dough.

Matthew Simone said...
Jul 30, 2007, 10:00:00 AM  

Thanks for the comments guys. Still working on the colors Thurs. I'll try it darker and see how it turns out.

Bear with me.

Jul 30, 2007, 10:05:00 AM  

Where did the Mic go?

Anonymous said...
Jul 30, 2007, 10:36:00 AM  

Let me know if you need something changed with the banner.

twoeightnine said...
Jul 30, 2007, 10:55:00 AM  

Just when I was getting to know you you go and change on me.

Congrats on the upgrade and whatever you do, don't chage who you really are.

Oh yeah, and definitely take the cash!

J Rose said...
Jul 30, 2007, 12:07:00 PM  

Hey, I hear ya. The redesign definitely gets my thumbs up for the all-around look, and I imagine it'll look significantly different on Firefox at home than old IE at work.

TC said...
Jul 30, 2007, 1:17:00 PM  

Well done, AA. There was nothing necessarily wrong with the old design, but this is much cleaner.

Ray said...
Jul 30, 2007, 3:33:00 PM  

Looks good to me.

J-Red said...
Jul 30, 2007, 4:29:00 PM  

Looks good so far. And who could blame you for accepting some advertising? Not a thing wrong with cashing in on your traffic. We all need beer money...

Big Al said...
Jul 30, 2007, 5:17:00 PM  

I'll leave my overall opinion until you complete everything, BUT FOR GOD's SAKE, please do something about the order in which the commentor and comment is posted.

Anonymous said...
Jul 30, 2007, 10:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment