Are You Ready For FOX's Newest Cheesy Graphic To Ruin A Sport

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Ah the list is long isn't it? The Glow Puck, Slider, and that damn Robot are just a few of the network's missses. Well add NASCAR's Gopher Cam to the ever-growing list. Via SBD...

Fox has installed four small, stationary HD POV cameras, called "Gopher Cams," underneath the track at Daytona Int'l Speedway for the 50th running of the Daytona 500 on Sunday. The Gopher Cams mark the first time a sub-track surface camera will be HD quality and have been placed at each of the track's four turns.
I guess it isn't the worst of ideas but if that damn gopher pops up multiple times during Sunday's Daytona 500, I think you might here a few grumblings from the gear heads.

(Source: Sports Business Daily)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 1:03 PM

8 Comments:

The only thing that will piss off the core NASCAR audience more will be if Jeff Gordon wins the race. But hey, they don't count, right? Gotta keep growing! If you're not growing, you're dying, right!

Assholes.

Anonymous said...
Feb 14, 2008, 2:08:00 PM  

I don't think Fox graphics are that annoying anymore becaue everyone else is doing it too. I might be in the minority here, but I was one of the ones that actually liked the glowing puck.

Anonymous said...
Feb 14, 2008, 3:17:00 PM  

Wait, the stupid football robot is dead, right? I mean I saw the Terminator finish him off at the Super Bowl. Right? Please don't tell me I'm wrong.

Anonymous said...
Feb 14, 2008, 3:17:00 PM  

As long as the Gopher Cam comes customary with the song "I'm Alright", I'm fine with that. Kenny Loggins needs the money.

GMoney said...
Feb 14, 2008, 3:53:00 PM  

The cars need comet-tails.

MDT said...
Feb 14, 2008, 4:08:00 PM  

You're absolutely right GMoney, though sadly Kenny will use all those royalties on socks to stuff down his pants.



(If you get the reference, you're as big a Simpson nerd as I)

Kyle said...
Feb 14, 2008, 5:24:00 PM  

You can shove one of those gopher-cams up Gordon's ass if you want to watch all the traffic.

Anonymous said...
Feb 14, 2008, 10:34:00 PM  

Someone redneck will shoot their TV thinking a gopher is in their living room. Trust me, if people are dumb enough to throw their Wii remote at the TV while pitching a baseball, a redneck will be dumb enough, er, drunk enough to shoot it.

Anonymous said...
Feb 14, 2008, 11:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment