These CBS "I Am Legend" Promos Have To Stop

Monday, March 31, 2008

I commented how I really liked the Foo Fighters intro earlier in the Tournament, but these "I Am Legend" ones are starting to bother me. I know your ratings are down CBS and you have to make up money however you can, but you've used the exact same clip for the Sweet Sixteen and Elite Eight.



How many different ways can Greg Gumbel introduce his partners by calling them "legends"? The answer is two. At least change the movie to "There Will Be Blood" or something for next weekend. You could even show Tyler Hansbrough with the bloody nose! I'm a marketing genius.

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 10:50 AM

5 Comments:

I am going to defend CBS because you know how bad it would be if another certain sports network had the games. I'll take that over a Hannah Montana overview, Matthew McConaughey joining the announcers, and thousands of shots of Elvis impersonators at the South Regional Final.

J.J. said...
Mar 31, 2008, 12:07:00 PM  

CBS could've gone with the Semi-Pro cross promotion, like Bud Light & Old Spice. Remember, that's Semi-Pro, now playing...at $1.50 shows.

Mar 31, 2008, 12:37:00 PM  

I DRINK YOUR BAKING SODA!!!!!

-Clark Kellogg

Anonymous said...
Mar 31, 2008, 12:44:00 PM  

If CBS wants viewers, how about showing Tyler Hansbrough as a bloody corpse.

GMoney said...
Mar 31, 2008, 4:24:00 PM  

What was the Foo Fighters song that CBS used in the earlier promos?

Ryan Drescher said...
Mar 31, 2008, 8:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment