Niagara-FAMU Live-Blog Second Half

Tuesday, March 13, 2007


- Some pics of Erin Andrews to kick off the second half.....I say Melissa Stark knocks here off in the other bracket. But that's just the Sex Panther's opinion

- Fever is down to 100! I credit Andrews

- Impressed by the number of people we have commenting so far.....Let's hope we are rewarded by a buzzer-beater

- So yeah......30 minute halftime break. This isn't the Super Bowl ESPN, people will tune out of the play-in game.

- And we are finally back....

- Niagara brought two busloads of people to Dayton to watch this game. Now that is school spirit....

- FAMU no-look pass to the third row of seats. He's no Anthony Ivory....

- Bill Self will be on the phone shorty, do you think Kansas even scouts this game?

- FAMU's Glover looks like smaller version of Big Baby Davis

- Both teams are shooting well in the second half thus far.....NU up 41-36

- Niagara hits it's first three since in a long time and the NU lead is up to 8.....danger zone for FAMU

16:00 NU 44 FAMU 36

- Bill Self on the phone, says the team was hot last year too, thanks for giving me confidence in Kansas this year.

- Bucknell knocking off Kansas in 2005 might be my personal favorite March Madness moment. Can't even describe the party in Lewisburg that night

- Another three by Niagara, lead is up back to double digits for the first time since early in the first half

TO FAMU

NU 49 FAMU 39

- Anyone else impressed by the crowd in Dayton? Either there are alot of free tickets to this game or there is absolutely nothing to do in Dayton

- Wow, thats's some bald spot on Niagara's coach

- 20th point by NU's Brown....Lavin just called Glover's game similar a "sumo wrestler" We get it Lavin, he's fat

- "The Big Widebody" scores to cut it to six


12:00 NU 53 FAMU 47

-Pub Trivia Time: In what state does the Ohio River form?

- NU's Cliff Brown can't miss, he's got 15 this half with 5 treys

- Lavin hitting on Andrews again.....at least he isn't as forward as Eric Karros

- FAMU will not go away....couple jumpers and it's down to 5 again


- Brown scores a bucket for FAMU on a tip, dude can't miss

-FAMU back into a man to stop the Niagara threes...

6:00 NU 61 FAMU 55

- 5 minutes to play, FAMU needs a rally for my dream of a buzzer-beater in the play-in game

- NC State at Drexel....both teams are better than 7 currently in the NCAA Tournament

- Miles goes down after shot to the stomach.....let's see Lavin fill in time by hitting on Andrews

- Greene makes a crazy fake pass/lay-up, FAMU hanging around down by 7 with 4 to play

Final TV To

4:00 NU 64 FAMU 57

- FAMU misses two foul shots but get the offensive board and is heading back to the line.....and then the exact same thing happened.

- FAMU is 4-12 from the line....and make that 4 straight misses

- Niagara looks like it's playing a 4 corners offense....the basketball equivalent to the prevent defense in football. Good way to lose a game

- God, FAMU can't hit a free throw...1-6 in the last minute alone. Game should be tied

- Fisher hits a jumper as the shot clock is running down....huge dagger into FAMU

- Under 2, FAMU down, 8, need some threes

- Big turnover by FAMU, they are going to need to foul now.

- In case anyone was wondering, Niagara is now covering the 9 point spread

- Down to 8, that is the important score right now

- Hey Lavin, Niagara isn't beating Kansas

- Lead is 10 with 1:18 left.....down the stretch we come.....

-NU up 12 with 1:07 left, no threes FAMU

- Just in case you were wondering, Bama is up 2-0 on Umass.....No one was wondering

- 10 points with 49 seconds left....

- 9 point lead with 30 left...I better not lose this game

-Just saw Lavin's "Bloody, But Unbowed teams"....that phrase just sounds weird

- NOOOOOOOOOOO.......late three by FAMU, they cover. NOOO

- I guess that was kind of a buzzer-beater....

Final NU 77 FAMU 69

Thanks to AA and all the commenters, you made this game interesting. Glad to kick off the Live-blogging fest for the NCAA Tournament. I'll be back Friday afternoon...until then, this is Brian Fantana signing off And check out Just Call Me Juice in your free time...



Posted by Marco at 8:33 PM

43 Comments:

The Awful GF may be watching so I cannot comment on EA.

Mar 13, 2007, 8:46:00 PM  

I'll do it for you. Melissa Stark puts her to shame. EA is fine and everything, but she's not the SUPAR HOTTEE everyone thinks she is.

Scrappled said...
Mar 13, 2007, 8:51:00 PM  

UMass kicks off the NIT tonight? THAT is a game I should be practice live-blogging - I used to love the Minutemen back in the Lou Roe-Marcus Camby-John Calipari days.

Mar 13, 2007, 8:52:00 PM  

Actually Michigan/Utah State kicked it off earlier....but yeah.

Mar 13, 2007, 8:53:00 PM  

Incidentally, tonight's main dish in Denver tonight is maple salmon. I only point this out to say, "look, I can cook something without burning my block down!"

Scrappled said...
Mar 13, 2007, 8:54:00 PM  

Looks like you accidentally figured out the read more function. I'll fix it.

Mar 13, 2007, 8:55:00 PM  

I just looked up and noticed that Bill Self was being interviewed. Instead of turning down the volume in my headphones, I began making up fake interview questions and answers in my head.

It has to be better than actually listening, right?

Mar 13, 2007, 8:57:00 PM  

Do share QMDQ.

Mar 13, 2007, 8:59:00 PM  

Yes accidentlly would be the key word

Marco said...
Mar 13, 2007, 9:01:00 PM  

"So coach, what happens if one of these teams advances and manages to slip past your team in the first round?"

Self: *stony silence*

"Would it be more embarassing to lose your first round game three years in a row, or to be the first 1 seed to lose to a 16?"

Self: *stony silence*

"Not even a regular 16, either, but the second crappiest team in the entire tournament."

Self: *dial tone*

Mar 13, 2007, 9:08:00 PM  

who is the female analyst on NBA coast to coast on ESPN2? Swin Cash? not bad...

WCT said...
Mar 13, 2007, 9:10:00 PM  

WCT....I actually had a post ready to hammering her. I've only seen her once, but she was horrible.

Who does everyone have in the women's tourney? Should I start a pool?

Mar 13, 2007, 9:14:00 PM  

Swin Cash is attractive...just don't listen to her speak. She makes Stacey Dales look like a seasoned pro.

Mar 13, 2007, 9:14:00 PM  

Steve Lavin: "If he bites on it, then you back door him."

If thats not a fruedian slip than I don't know what is.

BD said...
Mar 13, 2007, 9:14:00 PM  

I almost posted about Swin Cash's brilliant grasp of the English language myself but I haven't had the time with all these brackets.

BD said...
Mar 13, 2007, 9:15:00 PM  

AA, I know the GF is watching, but I wasn't talking about her analytical ability when I said "not bad" but thanks!

WCT said...
Mar 13, 2007, 9:16:00 PM  

Cash might be the be worst anaylst on ESPN....and that's saying something

Marco said...
Mar 13, 2007, 9:18:00 PM  

She ALMOST makes me think Jay Bilas isn't a complete ass-hat. Almost. By the way, nice touch on the Bilas picture Marco

BD said...
Mar 13, 2007, 9:19:00 PM  

c'mon marco, nobody is worse than John Kruk you know that

WCT said...
Mar 13, 2007, 9:21:00 PM  

is the answer to the trivia question pennsylvania?

WCT said...
Mar 13, 2007, 9:22:00 PM  

AAAAAAHHHH!!

WCT said...
Mar 13, 2007, 9:23:00 PM  

bd -- Damn, I wish I heard that one. My girlfriend heard a few "back door" references on a telecast a couple of weeks ago and said, "Basketball is fucking dirty."

All these Steve Lavin sightings amuse me, because he's one of the guys that retard Penn State fans always bring up when they talk about the need to hire a Big Name Coach.

Well, if he's so fucking great, why hasn't he been coaching since roughly 1997?

Scrappled said...
Mar 13, 2007, 9:24:00 PM  

Tocuhe' WCT.....touche'.

Mar 13, 2007, 9:25:00 PM  

Okay everyone I'm going to "sim" the whole tourney on March Madness 07 now.....who can guess the winner?

I'll give you a Free Harold! shirt.

Mar 13, 2007, 9:26:00 PM  

Am I the only one who saw that??

I love it when I guy is laying on the ground clearly holding his nuts and in pain and the announcers say "he's holding his mid-section!"

WCT said...
Mar 13, 2007, 9:27:00 PM  

PA is the answer

Marco said...
Mar 13, 2007, 9:27:00 PM  

I say Kansas

Marco said...
Mar 13, 2007, 9:28:00 PM  

AA I considered doing that on College Hoops 2K7 which is the better game. On MM though I'd roll with either Florida or UNC, probably UNC.

BD said...
Mar 13, 2007, 9:29:00 PM  

I guess I am the only one who saw that - that was not a shot to the stomach dude... lower than that...

WCT said...
Mar 13, 2007, 9:30:00 PM  

RUTS I kinda wish I hadn't heard the comment. Now all I can picture is Steve Lavin in all his S&M gear. Given his clear infatuation with EA she's probably holding the whip.

BD said...
Mar 13, 2007, 9:31:00 PM  

WCT: In professional wrestling, I believe that's known as the "solar plexus".

And the answer to the trivia question is, of course...

Scrappled said...
Mar 13, 2007, 9:32:00 PM  

Give the bookies credit on this one, it's a nailbiter.

Scrappled said...
Mar 13, 2007, 9:36:00 PM  

RUTS, was it Niagra -8.5?

WCT said...
Mar 13, 2007, 9:38:00 PM  

Lavin has mentioned, Mariano Rivera, some random Japanese movie, the Packers & Bears, and Lambeau field in the last 5 mins...

WCT said...
Mar 13, 2007, 9:41:00 PM  

These are nights I'm glad to have ESPNU Drexel-NC State is looking like a thriller. Drexel up 2 with 3:25 left

BD said...
Mar 13, 2007, 9:43:00 PM  

The infamous red jacket was just mentioned. For the record Lowe is not wearing it. We just got new red and blue clip on ties at work. You figure that makes the Pistons a lock to win the title now?

BD said...
Mar 13, 2007, 9:47:00 PM  

my degenerate gambling friend just called me...he had Niagra-8.5...needless to say he was not pleased with that last, "meaningless" 3 pointer

WCT said...
Mar 13, 2007, 9:52:00 PM  

And your winner of the 2007 "Sim" Championship.....

Pittsburgh 84- Creighton 82

Hahahahaha....sorry none of you get the shirt.

Mar 13, 2007, 9:53:00 PM  

Pitt will be the death of me, I'm telling you. First they draw Wright State and now this?

BD said...
Mar 13, 2007, 9:55:00 PM  

pitt will not see the sweet 16

WCT said...
Mar 13, 2007, 9:56:00 PM  

Who's beating them before that WCT?

BD said...
Mar 13, 2007, 10:00:00 PM  

NC State knocks off Drexel, not a surprise as Drexel was much better on the road than they were at home. Plus Crawford fouled out with Drexel up 2 and 3 minutes left.

BD said...
Mar 13, 2007, 10:01:00 PM  

I have Pitt losing to VCU in the 2nd round. They have looked really inconsistent the last couple weeks.

WCT said...
Mar 13, 2007, 10:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment