Trey Wingo and Doug Gottlieb Go At It

Friday, March 30, 2007



I never knew having tipsters could be this awesome. Reader Brett alerted me to this clip from the Dan Patrick Radio Show earlier this week. Here is his quote...

I don't know if you caught it but Wingo and Gottlieb got really heated when talking about Iowa basketball and some other things on the Dan Patrick Show Today (Trey was filling in for Dan). I don't even really know what they were arguing about.
Well I found the link in the archives, and it is 10x more funny than I thought it would be....The debate starts at about 5 minutes in. They are talking about a handful of things like facilities at certain schools and Steve Alford leaving Iowa for New Mexico. But the real fun happens at about 8 minutes in when Gottlieb tries to call Iowa a Basketball School. The debate finally ends as Douglas gets p'wned by Wingo at the 8:35 mark.

Audio

If you have time....listen to the whole thing. They DO NOT seem to like each other one bit, and it's entertaining as hell.

"Good Lord it's like dealing with my wife talking to you!"- Trey Wingo

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 10:17 AM

9 Comments:

I'm not sure who I wanted to smack more after listening to that, Wingo, Gottlieb, or myself.

J-Red said...
Mar 30, 2007, 2:26:00 PM  

I listened to it live, and I would have hung up on Wingo if I were Gottlieb. Wingo seemed intent on getting the last word in and his "wife" remark would have been the end of the interview. I'm surprised ESPN tolerates one employee treating another employee like that on the air. If they do, why didn't anyone have the cajones to really stand up to Michael Irvin's idiocy?

Anonymous said...
Mar 30, 2007, 3:50:00 PM  

Anon- Agreed....100%.

Mar 30, 2007, 4:04:00 PM  

I agree with you anonymous. Plus don't you think Gottlieb knows more about college basketball then Wingo. He played it and analyzes it. Wingo sits in studio for NFL Live and the Women's College Basketball tourney.

Anonymous said...
Mar 30, 2007, 4:33:00 PM  

Totally ugly. Trey came off as a douchebag.

Mrs. Wingo should make Trey sleep on the couch tonight.

Signal to Noise said...
Mar 30, 2007, 4:34:00 PM  

this is the same Trey Wingo who argued that Jake Delhomme was a top-3 quarterback on Mike n' Mike last August, and sounded like a doutchebag then too. The guy clearly thinks he knows everything when he's probably never balled in his life.

Anonymous said...
Apr 3, 2007, 8:42:00 AM  

Wingo can't put together a coherent comment without his boy toy Schlereth there to massage his balls.

Anonymous said...
Apr 3, 2007, 11:52:00 AM  

Even though Trey sounds like a retard, Gotlieb is a dweeb. How many times during his broadcast does he have to remind everyone he played NCAA BBall? His show sucks! Can the both of them........

Anonymous said...
Apr 3, 2007, 5:31:00 PM  

I haven't listened yet, but Gottleib was an utter douche to Andy Katz before the game, basically calling Katz a pussy for believing Roy Williams back when Roy was waffling between KU and UNC.

Brian said...
Apr 3, 2007, 7:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment