ESPNs Foray Into The AFL

Monday, March 05, 2007



So I was all set to bring you all some hot steamy AFL Announcing action today. Complete with videos of Mike and Mike talking about their wives, and Merrill Hoge proclaiming that offensive player of the year Damien Harrell was "worthless". ("Sure Harrell threw for over 10,000 yards, buuuut his throwing motion is still suspect")

Unfortunately (or fortunately) when my Tivo let me know that it was time to change channels to ABC......something entirely different came up. What you ask could preempt the AFL opener in the Greater DC Metro Area????

Karate Kid II.

I wish I was making this up because I was rather giddy about watching Mike and Mike do the commentary, but could I really complain? (I submit that I could not!) I decided to cut my losses and switch to the UCONN-GTOWN game where I enjoyed James Brown use the term "Freelanceability".

In the end....am I really sorry that I missed cutting edge entertainment like this?



2006 Intro found at KSK.

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 8:00 AM

4 Comments:

On Sunday, I walked into a room while the first "Karate Kid" was ending. "Watch what Mr. Miyagi is about to do to him," I said as the crazy evil coach was knocking around the defeated villain kid. "He's going to teach him some humility." Mr. Miyagi pinching that guy's nose set the bar for humor for every 5-8 year old in the mid-80s.

Pacifist Viking said...
Mar 5, 2007, 9:49:00 AM  

don't know if you caught any of Ron Jaorski broadcasting one of the AFL games but I thought he was brutal as a play-by-play guy. Also, doesn't he own one of the teams?

WCT said...
Mar 5, 2007, 11:55:00 AM  

Jaworski

WCT said...
Mar 5, 2007, 11:55:00 AM  

Karate Kid > AFL.

Very solid choice there.

twins15 said...
Mar 6, 2007, 2:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment