Tim Hardaway Is Baffled As To Why The Heat Won't Make Him A Coach

Saturday, May 31, 2008


Sports by Brooks has a set of quotes from an interview that Tim Hardaway did with the Palm Beach Post expressing his displeasure with the Heat's Front Office for not making him a coach....

“For some reason, I don’t know why, I’m not able to be with them. … I don’t know what’s going on there....

I’ve talked to Pat (Riley) Had great conversations with him. Don’t know why I’m not there. I’ve been trying for three or four years now. Don’t know why I’m not there. It’s kind of frustrating to me because I know I can help them out with that type of stuff — scouting, helping out with the guys, making sure they understand what they need to do.

It’s kind of frustrating to have my expertise around and willing to help and they’re not calling.”
Okay that actually made me laugh out loud there. You don't know why Timmy? Really??? I'm all for giving people second chances, but if you can't figure out why a team won't hire a known homophobe (whether he still is or isn't) in a town with a rather large Gay and Lesbian Community....then I don't know if you deserve that chance. People continue to amaze me everyday.

Tim Hardaway Just Can’t Get That Coaching Job (Sports by Brooks)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 2:14 PM

11 Comments:

A PR overhaul is in order before Tim gets his coaching shot...starting maybe with the WNBA?

Sportsattitude said...
May 31, 2008, 3:00:00 PM  

I think it has more to do with being on the verge of retardation, but being a homophobe doesn't help.

Anonymous said...
May 31, 2008, 3:11:00 PM  

i got skilz. run TMC boiiiieeeee

Anonymous said...
May 31, 2008, 8:23:00 PM  

He should try Memphis, as far as I'm aware there are no gay people here.

Maynard said...
May 31, 2008, 8:36:00 PM  

AA-
Please tell me you're not missing out on the Gus Stache right now

Sam said...
May 31, 2008, 9:10:00 PM  

sam, did I hear Gus refer to someone as a "badass"? HA HA!

Anonymous said...
May 31, 2008, 9:13:00 PM  

Jim: Haha yeah in the brief bit I've been watching him. I've been switching between the Yankees game and the Cup Finals and they were both on commercial and tuned in just in time to hear Gus say that

Sam said...
May 31, 2008, 9:15:00 PM  

C'Mon Gus: you're a veteran broadcaster. DO NOT hold up your notecard cheatsheat directly in front of the camera...

BF said...
May 31, 2008, 9:54:00 PM  

Spelling Bee 'Stache >>> Gus Johnson 'Stache

Anonymous said...
Jun 1, 2008, 12:25:00 AM  

I agree with the retardation accusation. Guy is a tool, great player, but nobody wants to associate with that cat.
http://www.collegefastbreak.com/day-3-in-orlando/

Anonymous said...
Jun 1, 2008, 12:28:00 AM  

I don't know if AA DVR'ed the Kimbo Slice fight, especially since it ran over 45 minutes, but Tim Hardaway could have knocked him out tonight. Even odds for Lisa Salters or Rachel Nichols. Hell, Joe D could be a 3-2 underdog to Kimbo the way he looked tonight.

Anonymous said...
Jun 1, 2008, 12:36:00 AM  

Post a Comment