Someone At The YES Network Has A Lot Of Explaining To Do

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

About 20 different people emailed me during the third inning of the Yankees-O's game and told me that I had to get video or audio from the YES feed during an Adam Jones at-bat. Well I've found the video and it's safe to say that someone that works for YES doesn't like O's Batting Coach Terry Crowley (to say the least).

The broadcast is going along swimmingly and the announcers were talking about Crowley and his success with the O's hitters early this season when it happens. Listen very closely at the :18 mark as someone hops on the feed and just lays into him out of nowhere (NSFW words are dropped as well)....



"Terry Crowley is lucky he's in fucking Baseball for christsakes. He was released by the Cincinnati Reds, he was release by the fucking.....(voice fades out)"

Are you kidding me?! I know all sorts of crazy stuff happens in the truck, but good lord. That guy DOES NOT like Crowley at all for some reason. If anyone has more information please email me and let me know who or what that was.

I'm thinking someone might not be asking to game three of the series.

Update: So apparently that voice you hear is of Earl Weaver from an old Manager's Corner. That explains the who, but I'd love to hear why it was played on-air.

(Thanks to everyone who wrote in regarding this, especially Lozo)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 11:09 PM

8 Comments:

That voice is Earl Weaver on Manager's Corner, a classic. http://youtube.com/watch?v=9YKxf3OkpJc (at around ~:45)

Anonymous said...
May 21, 2008, 11:27:00 PM  

That voice was Earl Weaver.He made that comment during the "Manager's Corner" portion of a radio show back in the 70's.

Anonymous said...
May 21, 2008, 11:32:00 PM  

And if I remember, the whole bit was done tongue in cheek.

UnHoly Diver said...
May 21, 2008, 11:55:00 PM  

I assume they were trying to get the clip ready because of the similarity to the recent Jin Leyland rant.

The Professor said...
May 22, 2008, 12:12:00 AM  

I've got to wonder how the YES folks didn't know about the Safe-For-Broadcast version and the Not-Safe-For-Broadcast version.

Still one of the funniest bits I've ever heard. Earl's response to "Team speed?" is absolutely classic.

Telecomedian said...
May 22, 2008, 9:08:00 AM  

Anything is better than Michael Kay.

GMoney said...
May 22, 2008, 10:40:00 AM  

So wait, someone ripped my video from NYY Stadium Insider and then uploaded it to youtube?

That vid is sure to be taken down. Check it out at:

http://nyystadiuminsider.com/2008/05/terry-crowley-is-lucky-hes-in-fcking.html

Ross said...
May 22, 2008, 12:15:00 PM  

I thought you were an O's fan. How on earth could you not know immediately that the voice was from your team's greatest manager?

Anonymous said...
May 23, 2008, 11:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment