Croaked The Raven......Nevermore

Friday, September 08, 2006

Okay let me preface this by saying I hate the Ravens. I almost hate the Ravens as much as any of the rival teams in the NFC East. I grew up watching the Redskins with my dad, who when he had the chance to jump back to his childhood roots (he was a Baltimore Colts fan) he wasted no time. I guess you can't really blame him, but it ticked me off.

Anyways I was offered tickets to this Ravens Fest thing last night, and I skipped the live-blog. So do you know what I did with them? I burned them. Just kidding, but I didn't go. I sat at home drank Fosters Oil Cans, watched the game, and read The Big Lead's live-blog.

Why am I telling you this you ask? I really don't know. I just couldn't bring myself to go. Maybe it's because my dad beat me as a kid (actually he didn't and the only time he ever cursed at me was when I had a party and let people smoke inside the house. Exact quote (at 5am), "You're staying up and clean every inch of this place. It SMELLS LIKE AN F'ING WHORE HOUSE!" Great quote actually.)

I guess what I'm saying is that I think I take this stuff too seriously sometimes. I felt almost like I was betraying my second father Daniel Snyder by attending.

Ah well, screw it. I'm not changing now......onto the announcing.......

__________________________________

The announcing wasn't really THAT bad.....minus the one thing I'm going to talk about. Note to all Announcers: YOU ARE NOT BIGGER THAN THE GAME ITSELF!!!

Basically, there's a technique that announcers use when the game is boring. They have prepared stories that they can fill the time with during blowouts. Well there seems to be an annoying trend (Madden and Michaels I think started it....if not they perfected it.) where they tell these stories during good games. It's so awkward that it makes it seem like they don't even care about the gameplay.

Example: With about 8 minutes left in the game, and the Dolphins with the ball trying to kill some clock, Madden and Michaels start talking about Bill Cowher retiring next year. That's right NEXT F'ING YEAR!!! It's the first game of the damn season, and the Steelers are looking like they might not pull this one out. The most ridiculous part of this inane conversation is that it goes on for about two minutes almost to the point where Heath Miller's TD catch breaks up the conversation.

Seriously, you guys are HOFers. Stop that.

Back later with your weekend video.

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 10:02 AM

5 Comments:

The announcers weren't that bad last night. Not great, not bad, but good.

SAMO said...
Sep 8, 2006, 11:14:00 AM  

I agree. It's almost like not noticing a ref during a well called game.

Sep 8, 2006, 11:17:00 AM  

My head explodes every time somebody goes into the booth for an interview. Suddenly the game becomes an afterthought: as soon as a play is over, they cut to the booth where Michaels repeats what happens in half a second and then they go on talking to somebody that whoever is interested in the actual football game doesn't care about. I want replays! I want analysis! I don't want to talk to the new commissioner about how a ball fell off the tee.

Pacifist Viking said...
Sep 8, 2006, 11:41:00 AM  

John Madden loves the double bubble...

T.J. said...
Sep 8, 2006, 1:03:00 PM  

no complaints last night. I thought they did a good job. But don't worry, you'll have plenty to write about when the ass clowns at ESPN proceeding to butcher Monday Night Football.

Joe said...
Sep 8, 2006, 5:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment