The Simmons Review- V.12, The Colbert Report

Friday, September 15, 2006

I really think I have only one word for this......Pointless. Seems to be a running theme lately, but this takes the cake.

Highlights: Well about none really.

Lowlights: Basically everything. They talked about USA Basketball, which we've heard a thousand times. Simmons was ultra nervous, which I don't necessarily blame him for, but get it together a bit. My favorite part is him getting booed when he said "Bill Clinton probably throws like a girl." Seriously Bill, what's with all the female bashing stuff. Being a chauvinist isn't really a cool thing to be these days. Plus it's pretty hard to look macho when your standing next to a guy in an Armani exchange shirt. Sorry that picture was just too funny.

I don't even have a grade for this thing because it was so pointless I can't even remember what was said.....and I watched it twice. I'll be back later with some links, and hopefully a video from this last night. But if you care about your precious time on this earth.....don't even watch it after I post it.

(Also, I forgot to mention that I'm adding my first Sports Center luminary to the Hall of Shame later today. Don't miss it. Hint: Starts with Boo.....ends with Yah!)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 10:41 AM

3 Comments:

Pointless Bill Simmons interview on tv...hmmm. I didn't see it, but that doesn't suprise me at all.

SAMO said...
Sep 15, 2006, 11:44:00 AM  

It's sort of amazing the level to which Simmons consistently takes low blows at women in his work. He justifies trashing the WNBA constantly by saying the NBA is forcing him to watch commercials for it, and he's frequently harping on how women should stay away from anything having to do with fantasy football (not only should they not participate, they should not be present). Usually when I come to one of his chauvinist statements, I stop reading the article immediately.

Pacifist Viking said...
Sep 15, 2006, 1:31:00 PM  

I think people should point out that the title of Simmons's book "Now I Can Die in Peace" isn't exaclty original.

Anyone remember the NY Rangers winning the Stanley Cup back in '94 for the first time in 50 years or so? Remember the guy holding up the sign that said "Now I Can Die In Peace"? Well I do. And, so does Bill.

Jay said...
Sep 15, 2006, 4:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment