Don't Expect Any Tiger Talk On CBS

Tuesday, December 15, 2009


I've tried my best to not give you any Tiger news that you haven't heard already (and that has me posting zero items on it), but I couldn't skip past this nugget from CBS analyst Ian Baker-Finch. In an interview he did with the Sidney Morning Herald, Finch basically said there has been a gag ordered by the "Eye"....

Former British Open champion and respected CBS golf commentator Ian Baker-Finch has been gagged by the US network from talking about Tiger Woods' dramatic fall from grace.

"Mate, if I say one word about Tiger I will get fired," Baker-Finch said before playing in Australia's richest one-day pro-am at Wynnum Golf Club today.
Well, I hate to say this to Ian and the folks at CBS, but if you don't talk about it this year, you're not going to have many viewers. I mean, you're not going to have many anyway, but you mind as well try for as many as you can if you ask me.

Baker-Finch gagged about commentating on Tiger (Sydney Morning Herald)

Posted by Awful Announcing at 1:14 PM

4 Comments:

Doesn't make much sense to me. The Tiger news has been all over The Early Show and the Evening News. It's not as if it's a network wide ban.

Anonymous said...
Dec 15, 2009, 2:15:00 PM  

On the otherhand, Ian is paid to analyze golf and not comment on the lives of the golfers.

GMoney said...
Dec 15, 2009, 4:03:00 PM  

We have a few college students online from University-of-Northern-Iowa and we love your blog postings, so well add your rss or news feed for them, Thanks and please post us and leave a comment back and well link to you. Thanks Jen , Blog
University of Northern Iowa

Unknown said...
Dec 16, 2009, 12:59:00 AM  

"might as well", not "mind as well". I correct because I love. Cheers. Keep up the excellent work.

scurf said...
Dec 16, 2009, 1:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment