Doug Collins Flip Flopping About Coaching....Again

Wednesday, May 13, 2009


Last year, Doug Collins was all set to coach the Chicago Bulls, when he suddenly decided to take his name out of consideration. Apparently this year he'll be doing the same thing to the 76ers. Doug Collins told the Associated Press yesterday that he had talked to the 6ers, and that there was mutual interest, but during the game he decided to complete contradict that statement....

TNT analyst Doug Collins apologized to Philadelphia 76ers president Ed Stefanski for mistakenly saying he spoke to the team about its open coaching job.

Collins had told The Associated Press on Tuesday night before Game 5 of the Rockets-Lakers series he had talked with the Sixers about their vacancy "like two or three times."

"Whatever they want to do, they know where I am if they want to call," he said.

Collins, a former NBA coach, then backtracked on his original comments during the game and denied speaking with Stefanski.

"I have not spoken to them. And I want them to understand that," Collins said on TV. "I feel very badly if there was a miscommunication there at all."

He added: "I apologize to Eddie Stefanski if they felt like I was putting something out there that was not true."
I can understand if used the term "mutual interest", but to say you've talked two or three times is not just a "miscommunication", it's a "misrepresentation". And a pretty egregious one at that.

Collins backs off talk on 76ers vacancy (AP)

3 Comments:

Is his agent Bus Cook?

GMoney said...
May 13, 2009, 11:51:00 AM  

It took me a minute to see the phrase "6ers" and understand what you meant...its aleays been Sixers...not being angry or critical or funny or cute or bashing Obama or praising Obama or anything like that...just that I was confused

BK said...
May 13, 2009, 1:53:00 PM  

Look...he obviously taked with them BEFORE DiLeo was fired.

I think he told the turht and the Sixers flipped out...

Then he said "I didn't talk with them (since the firing)."

That's how I read the whole thing and why he said...they know where to reach me.

Editor said...
May 13, 2009, 7:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment