Ex-MLBer/Random Radio Guy, Jim Traber, Doesn't Like Bill Simmons

Tuesday, August 25, 2009


I remember Jim Traber fondly, since I grew up an O's fan, but since his retirement he's become one of those Sports Talk Guys, that you would just absolutely despise. Traber recently got into a pissing match with the OKC Thunder's, Nick Collison, over some Twitter comments, and after Bill Simmons denied a request to come on his show to talk about it, the radio host turned his hate to the Sports Guy. Ding....let's break it down blow by blow....

Simmons: "Note to unpopular, low-IQ sports radio bully/hosts in non-Top40 markets: I'd never come on your show to bring you attention. Ever. Not ever."

Traber: "Simmons's lack of knowledge on sports is only surpassed by his lack of knowledge about me. Little does he know that his own network - ESPN - did a story on Outside the Lines about this unpopular radio host. #1 in the country per capita...enough said. As far as my IQ, I do not have a masters, as I was playing Major League Baseball during that period of my life, but I was the scholar athlete for the entire state of Maryland.

Last thing about Simmons, if I had the voice of a pre-pubescent girl I'd probably stick to writing a blog as well. Meanwhile, I will just continue to struggle along to support my family without the "attention" I would gain if Bill Simmons would grace my small time OKC radio show."
Hmmm that's a tough round to score. Traber went with the standard Simmons' bashing, and did a pretty good job, but I think Simmons' tweet speaks for itself. He's like the Yankees (before 2004) saying that the Red Sox had to win something, before they could call it a rivalry. How do you like that comparison, Bill?

Simmons Twitter (Twitter)
Traber: Simmons and Seattle – a perfect match (The Sports Animal)
For He Is Traber, Lord Of The Idiots (Daily Thunder)

Posted by Awful Announcing at 10:43 AM

5 Comments:

Traber's "voice of a pre-pubescent girl" comment would have a whole lot more weight if Simmons didn't reportedly have one of the most highly downloaded podcasts on iTunes.

Edward Greene said...
Aug 25, 2009, 11:22:00 AM  

He should have ripped Simmons for being a "columnist" that barely writes once a week now.

GMoney said...
Aug 25, 2009, 12:09:00 PM  

Bill Simmons is in fact the antidote to sports-talk radio. Random Radio Guy should count his blessings that he's even being anonymously dissed by Simmons, because it's more of a national rub than he deserves.

Michael said...
Aug 25, 2009, 4:27:00 PM  

Say what you want about Simmons (I can't say anything b/c I dont listen to or read his work) but Traber if a blabbermouth. I had to listen to his gums flap daily on the Sports Animal with Al Eshbeck in OKC for a few years in college. He's the typical yell, yell and yell some more radio talking head.

Unknown said...
Aug 25, 2009, 5:02:00 PM  

This Traber fellow is a clown. He's been ripping Nick Collison because Collison would rather live in Seattle than OKC- mind you, he never actually said this, but can anyone blame him for thinking it? Traber rips Simmons for not calling the Zombie Sonics by their actual name, but Simmons is doing everyone a service by not referring to them by name. The ------- has to be one of the most unoriginal names for a team EVER. Furthermore, Traber says that Seattle didn't support the Supes, so that's why they skipped town. Clearly, Clay Bennett coming in and imposing impossible deadlines to construct an arena that was completely unnecessary during the lousiest economic conditions in 70 years had nothing to do with that. Traber is a toolbox. He should thank Simmons for all the publicity this is bringing him. Oh wait, what am I saying? He's the top rated sports talk show host in the country PER CAPITA. That's like bragging how you're the starting center on a midget basketball team.

The Genius said...
Aug 25, 2009, 6:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment