Versus To Debut Sports Business Show This Month

Wednesday, August 12, 2009


Outside of some random discussions on CNBC, CNN and MSNBC, Sports Business rarely comes up in today's news. Well Versus is planning on changing that with a new show called "The $ports Take", which will debut at the end of August. Via Sports Business Daily ($)....

Versus is launching a weekly sports business show called "The $ports Take," hosted by sports consultant Rick Horrow. Career Sports & Entertainment (CS&E), Atlanta, is producing the show, which debuts August 25 at 6:30pm ET. The show will run on Tuesday nights. The first episode features an interview with Cowboys Owner Jerry Jones and a tour of his new stadium. Future shows will include interviews with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, NBA Commissioner David Stern, NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman, NASCAR Chair & CEO Brian France and PGA of America CEO Joe Steranka. CS&E President of Media & Marketing Mark Lazarus said, "We're excited to bring sports junkies a new perspective on the sports they already love."
I'm sure a lot of people won't find this line of programming interesting, but for there is a small sect of diehard Sports' fans, that love anything involving the business of Sports. Hearing about television deals, free agency and collective bargaining agreements, has always been something I've been drawn to, so I'm definitely going to give the show a chance.

6 Comments:

I guess I'll count myself among this small sect. The business of sports is fascinating; not so much the issue of player salaries but rather stadiums and suites and seating...stuff like that. I will watch.

Chris said...
Aug 12, 2009, 7:23:00 PM  

On the plus side, I don't think it can be any worse than FanArchy.

Justin F. said...
Aug 12, 2009, 8:05:00 PM  

Fanarchy is the stupidest show I've ever seen on television. Even Around the Horn is better because at least Mariotti, Paige and those other losers have college degrees. Versus will have some interesting events this fall. Perhaps I'll watch as well.

Brad James said...
Aug 13, 2009, 1:25:00 PM  

It might work for that small sect. But until Versus winds up in more homes than are available to it now, it may not fly very long.

Steve Smith said...
Aug 13, 2009, 3:27:00 PM  

I would be interested in this. YES has a show similar to this that I watch and find interesting.

Anonymous said...
Aug 13, 2009, 4:13:00 PM  

I chanced upon to view your blog and found it very interesting as well as very informative, i was need such type information, which you have submitted. I really thankful to you, this posting help a huge number of people. Great ... Keep it up!

RNB Research said...
Aug 21, 2009, 4:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment