Welcome Back

Monday, November 27, 2006

Hey, how was your Thanksgiving? It was good? Sweet.

You know what else is sweet? Three football games on Turkey Day.....that rocks.

You know what else else is sweet? Sunday Night Football. Yes, I know that John Madden is senile and Al Michaels is spread so thin in the sports world that he doesn't know who Brian Westbrook is......but it always feels like such a big game when those two are involved.

The halftime show is solid (especially when Peter King takes the day off), and the flex game thingy is just rad. With that said.....here are some senile moments from John Madden during last night's game.

"That's why you get the ball to Westbrook. He can run the ball further than Garcia can throw it."- JM, Now I know T.O. called Garcia gay, but I'm pretty sure that Garcia can throw the ball further than a guy running against 11 guys. Wait.....maybe John IS right.

"That Westbrooks is a player"- JM, I hate when people add random "S"s to people's names. Just bugs me for some reason.

"Garcia throws the slant better than anyone in the league"- JM, Umm okay?? Is that why the Browns let him go for Charlie Frye? I would be that the guy on the other side of the field is the best, but I could be wrong.
......and my personal favorite (see video below)



Not sure why they had a plane landing coming back from commercial (almost exactly like the clip above), but it lead to this exchange....
"Does that make you nervous John?"- AM
"Umm no. Because I'm not sure what THAT is."- JM
"It's a plane landing John"- AM
"Oh no.....I would NOT want to be there.
Too funny. You are getting long in the tooth John, but I still love you.

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 9:28 AM

2 Comments:

"Joe, how's your leg?"

I never really liked Jimmy Kimmel before, but after that comment...maybe he deserves a chance.

Anonymous said...
Nov 27, 2006, 9:43:00 PM  

He took a shot at TK's hair, or lack of.

Last night Al Michaels said Jake "Ploomer."

Anonymous said...
Nov 27, 2006, 9:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment