Suzyn Waldman Is Standing By Her Man

Friday, May 09, 2008


One of the biggest traffic days AA has ever had was the day I posted the audio of Suzyn Waldman crying on-air after the Yankees lost in the Playoffs last year (the audio is still there if you missed it). Well Waldman you may remember was the same person who went all JR on us with a WWE style announcement that Roger Clemens was coming back to the Yankees last year, and today she's still singing his praises after all that's happened.....

Twelve months later, is Waldman shocked by what has unfolded in the life of Roger Clemens?

"Nothing shocks me anymore," she said on a rare day off yesterday. "The only thing that has surprised me and disappointed me is the glee with which people are going after Roger.

"I think the more people accomplish, the bigger people are, the more excited people are to bring them down, and there's a real feeding frenzy on this man."

Waldman said she does not know whether Clemens took steroids or committed the personal indiscretions of which he has been accused.

"I can only judge people on what I observe and how they treat me," she said, "and since the mid-'80s, I've known him and all of his family and watched the kids being born and knew his mother and know his sisters ... I never saw this stuff. I don't know if it's true. Does it change what I think of Roger Clemens? I don't think so."
By all accounts Roger Clemens is a completely awful human being, but I can understand Suzyn's devotion to someone who's been in her life for 20 years. Even with evidence stacked up (most of Roger's is circumstantial) some people will just never turn on someone in their lives and you can't really blame them. Ms. Waldman even decided to compare Roger's situation to her own....
"The only thing that surprises me about anything that happens is the glee with which people are dealing with this venom," she said. "It surprised me last year when it happened to me."
Riiiiiight crying on-air is exactly the same as cheating on your wife and cheating the Sport of Baseball. She almost had me there, but I knew something asinine was coming. Good try Suzyn.

Waldman: Nothing shocks me anymore (Newsday)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 11:27 AM

7 Comments:

Maybe she was one of his concubines? Other than abject stupidity, how else do you explain her stance?

UnHoly Diver said...
May 9, 2008, 12:23:00 PM  

Does anyone else get pissed that she spells her name Suzyn? Or is it just me?

Anonymous said...
May 9, 2008, 12:25:00 PM  

What is Waldman's purpose in life exactly? I'm still trying to figure that out.

The Editor said...
May 9, 2008, 12:26:00 PM  

So Waldman was in the delivery room to watch Rocket's kids being born? That might be his worst transgression yet.

GMoney said...
May 9, 2008, 12:41:00 PM  

RAW-JAH! RAW-JAH!!!

Anonymous said...
May 9, 2008, 6:27:00 PM  

Oh my GOODNESS GRACIOUS! Clemens is standing in Steinbrenner's BAWX and Jorge Posada has a grin on his face. Of all the dramatic things I've ever seen!

Unknown said...
May 10, 2008, 11:48:00 AM  

Wow this JAP never ceases to amaze.

What an ass.

Anonymous said...
May 10, 2008, 2:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment