Who's Ready For Ping Pong Ball Madness Tonight?

Tuesday, May 20, 2008


I know ESPN sure is. They're already through half of their two hour coverage that I wrote about last week and they've got all their Basketball minds on the scene for tonight's star studded Lottery! Even Jay-Z will be there!!!

How great is it being Jay-Z? The man is not only a rap icon, music executive, and Mr. Beyonce, but he’s also an investor in the New Jersey Nets. So on top of his domination of the game, he gets ringside seats at the actual game, and, as it turns out, he also gets to represent the team at the NBA Draft Lottery.

Jay will be one of 14 team representatives at tomorrow’s lottery, which will be televised live on ESPN at 8pm, before Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals between the Boston Celtics and the Detroit Pistons.
Hova Hova! I just wish ESPN would have learned this sooner so Jay could have done the rap for their ESPN.com Mock Draft....



If anything exciting happens I'll be sure to have videos up asap.

Jay-Z to Rep the New Jersey Nets in the NBA Draft Lottery (MTV)
ESPN To Devote Two Hours Of Coverage To Ping Pong Balls (Awful Announcing)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 5:48 PM

13 Comments:

Again, people referencing algebra being a college class!! Barkley last week, Mark Jones tonight. Am I the only one that took algebra in 8th freakin grade?

Jay said...
May 20, 2008, 8:03:00 PM  

every college ive been familiar with offers 'college algebra'

BackBergtt said...
May 20, 2008, 8:12:00 PM  

Hm. Ok.

Doris Burke is awkwaaaaard!

Jay said...
May 20, 2008, 8:18:00 PM  

idk i took it in middle school, then again two years of high school, and in college. all called algebra, all very different classes.

either way referring to anything education related with the nba is stupid

BackBergtt said...
May 20, 2008, 8:20:00 PM  

Well, true. I took 'Algebra I' in 8th grade, 'Algebra II' in 10th, and Linear Algebra as a college sophomore. But I don't think Barkley ever took Linear Algebra (it's HARD). They should just say Calculus and keep me from whining.

So who do the Bulls take? I guess Beasley, but I personally like Rose a lot more.

Jay said...
May 20, 2008, 8:26:00 PM  

The only Algebras offered at my school are linear algebra and Algebra I, which is a 600 level grad school class, both of which I doubt Barkley would have taken in college.

Anonymous said...
May 20, 2008, 8:27:00 PM  

Anyone else want to punch that Bulls representative in the face after the money grab?

Unknown said...
May 20, 2008, 8:30:00 PM  

Don't tell me you wouldn't do the same lame fist pump thing. I know I would.

I felt kinda bad for the grizzly's guy. He looked so depressed at getting the 3rd pick.

Anonymous said...
May 20, 2008, 8:32:00 PM  

That was Fred Hoiberg of the TWolves anon.


AA, remember that "Buckhantz dagger" video from last season? I think the Milwaukee Bucks are in need of one.

TJX said...
May 20, 2008, 8:33:00 PM  

Ah yes....loved that video. The bastards at Youtube took it down.

May 20, 2008, 8:41:00 PM  

Yes...but you tried that on the Celtics and look what happened....


Pick a team you sorta like and see what happens this time.:)

TJX said...
May 20, 2008, 8:46:00 PM  

Until the NBA shows us the ping pong balls being drawn -- the lottery is fixed.
EVERY state in the USA shows their lottery drawing -- why not the NBA?

Anonymous said...
May 20, 2008, 9:36:00 PM  

By money grab I meant a request that people call for season tickets.

Unknown said...
May 20, 2008, 11:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment