Bert Blyleven Loves To Fart (And Is A Tad Bit Crazy)

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Ex-Major Leaguer and current Twins announcer Bert Blyleven did an interview with Yahoo's Big League Stew and right away the conversation was weird. Not as weird as this section on his love of farting though....

Q: Speaking of pride, what about this T-shirt you've been photographed wearing that says, "I [heart] to fart"?
BB: I LOVE to fart.
Q: What's wrong with you?
BB: I'm honest. Have you ever farted?
Q: One or two times.
BB: And did it feel good?
Q: Always.
BB: Probably so. That's why I wore it. I love to fart. I do. When the time is right, I do it. I'm not going to hide it.
Q: You're so blunt about your love for flatulence.
BB: Yeah. Well, someone gave me the shirt because of my history of farting, so I wear it. I LOVE to fart. I think I still have it.
Q: What gets you really gassy?
BB: Anything. The air we're breathing right now.
Q: Should I be ready for something?
BB: I have no trouble. It's not one thing that I eat, it's just passed down from my father. My father was a very good farter. I have a sister who's very good at it, too. Probably better than I am.
Interesting, but to tell you the truth I can't think of a time when I've passed gas and I've been displeased either. Well maybe when I was in Middle School and did so in class and all the girls didn't talk to me for about a month. Otherwise I'm on board with Blyleven's thinking.

And just for old time's sake (NSFW).....



Bert Blyleven talks the Hall, swearing on air (Big League Stew)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 4:01 PM

3 Comments:

This interview should finally get into the Hall of Fame. I'm sure that Bert's sister is pleased with his candor.

GMoney said...
May 29, 2008, 4:10:00 PM  

"We gotta do this fucking thing over again because I just fucked it up.... Oh, we're live?"

LOL I never saw that one.

Jay said...
May 29, 2008, 4:28:00 PM  

Ha!, that is some funny shit right there, I love that!

joepadon said...
May 29, 2008, 5:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment