Tiger's Back And NBC Can't Contain Its Excitement

Monday, February 23, 2009


The news that Tiger was returning came last week, and it took probably all of about five minutes before NBC started churning out the spots for the Accenture Match Play Championship this weekend. Here's on of the ads that were airing all day on the network yesterday....



The best news for NBC, is that this is their first Tournament of the year. While other network's have been struggling in the ratings to start the PGA season, NBC will get a serious windfall come this weekend.

Posted by Awful Announcing at 9:52 AM

3 Comments:

I saw an ad yesterday that had Tiger sitting in the clubhouse whistling Eye of the Tiger. It was also on NBC during the NHL game I think.

GM said...
Feb 23, 2009, 11:16:00 AM  

I know that I will watch. Suckelson just doesn't do anything for me anymore as far as my desire to flip channels.

GMoney said...
Feb 23, 2009, 11:21:00 AM  

Kudos to the golf channel. I caught like 10 minutes of their Euro Tour coverage Sunday morning...they had a Tiger countdown clock.

NBC better hope Tiger makes it to the weekend...it is match play, ya never know.

Sean OLeary said...
Feb 23, 2009, 11:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment