Player's Dad Now Demanding A Gottlieb Apology

Friday, February 06, 2009

This story is about a week old, but is just now starting to get interesting. During Nebraska's recent loss to Kansas, Cornhusker player Cookie Miller got a little too aggressive with a Jayhawk player, and announcer Doug Gottlieb called him out on it. After a few replays, Gottlieb said Miller was, "acting like a punk," and if you watch the video, I think you'll agree.



Pretty obvious that Miller was just trying to start some s**t there, but not to Mr. Miller, who is searching for an apology from Gottlieb. And after an exchange with Brooks from SbB, it's pretty clear he's not getting one....
“I understand how someone could take it because I used the word ‘punk.’ To be clear,
I did not call Miller a ‘punk’, I said he was ‘acting like a punk’, which in truth assumes that he is not a punk, but that he has temporarily lowered his level of sportsmanship. My job is based in using my own personal knowledge, experience and opinion to analyze each situation. This was my analysis.”
There's a big difference between calling a person a punk, and saying they are "acting like" one. I can respect Big Cookie's defense of his son, but he has to understand that Gottlieb wasn't bashing his son's overall character, but rather his actions in that one moment.

Player’s Dad Wants Apology From ESPNer Gottlieb (Sports by Brooks)

8 Comments:

Why isn't Big Cookie apologizing to the world that his son was behaving like an idiot? I WANT MY APOLOGY!

GMoney said...
Feb 6, 2009, 10:56:00 AM  

If there's anyone that should be issuing any apology on this, it's Cookie Miller. Gottlieb was absolutely right in his analysis of that play.

Justin F. said...
Feb 6, 2009, 11:14:00 AM  

GIMME BACK MY punk SON

Anonymous said...
Feb 6, 2009, 12:47:00 PM  

If anyone has license to call someone a punk, it's Doug Gottlieb.

Unknown said...
Feb 6, 2009, 1:16:00 PM  

At times, I act like a jackass (like we all do) but that doesn't mean I am one. I often don't agree with Gottlieb but in this instance I do.

Brad James said...
Feb 6, 2009, 1:37:00 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
Feb 6, 2009, 3:57:00 PM  

None of it matters, Cookie! Nebraska ain't going anywhere in March Madness! UConn all the way.

Unknown said...
Feb 6, 2009, 4:00:00 PM  

Where's Cookie's apology from Big Cookie for having to be named Cookie?

Secor314 said...
Feb 6, 2009, 5:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment