Tales From The News Desk: "This Is Not Rodney Stanger"

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

There are graphics that go wrong all the time, but this has to be just about the worst mistake I've ever seen. A girl went missing from Massachusetts eight years ago, and while the good news is that the police may have a suspect, their mugshot might be a little off. Via Barstool Sports....



What in the hell? First, I feel extremely bad for any family member that may have been watching in that moment. Second, what in the hell?!?! Forget the fact that the mugshot is a hamster, why in the heck is it holding a camera slate from a movie? So random.

This Is One Scary Ass Mugshot (Barstool Sports)

12 Comments:

fucking hamsters are always kidnapping lifeguards.

McLovin said...
Feb 4, 2009, 3:43:00 PM  

Damn hampsters....always kidnapping people like that. SEND THAT HAMPSTER TO JAIL! SEND HIM TO JAIL!

Oh man, that is hilarious! It's a shame that it was a report on a kidnapping case. Hopefully everything turns out all right with the case.

Justin F. said...
Feb 4, 2009, 4:01:00 PM  

They should have used Manbearpig.

GMoney said...
Feb 4, 2009, 4:08:00 PM  

So, just so I'm clear, what circle of hell am I going to be starting at for laughing at that picture?

Rob in WI said...
Feb 4, 2009, 6:29:00 PM  

That is by far the funniest thing I have seen in a long, long time. I can't stop laughing and I don't know why. Its like Matt and Trey Parker from South Park hijacked that newscast. What will they do next? A midget in a bikini?

Fairplay said...
Feb 4, 2009, 6:54:00 PM  

I'm so startled!

Look into the camera, Shelly.

1 said...
Feb 4, 2009, 8:17:00 PM  

I can't wait for Nibbles' case to become an E! True Hollywood Story.

Feb 4, 2009, 8:23:00 PM  

I think OJ just found "the real killer."

Anonymous said...
Feb 4, 2009, 8:48:00 PM  

I was expecting Tom Brady or Bellichick in the mug shot since it was Boston, but the Hamster was funny.

Anonymous said...
Feb 4, 2009, 9:12:00 PM  

I live in Hartford so that's our CBS affliate...they mess up a lot but, hmm, never like that. Spectacular.

Sean OLeary said...
Feb 5, 2009, 10:22:00 AM  

At least the anchor said Bish correctly.

da HOOK said...
Feb 5, 2009, 12:48:00 PM  

Very funny. What happened (I think) is that no one at the station changed the photo out of the template. They use a photo of a hamster in the template for just this type of situation. If they had used a photo of some random person, they would now have one hell of a lawsuit on their hands.

sbergus said...
Feb 14, 2009, 10:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment