Rob Neyer And Rob Dibble Get Into An Online Tiff

Tuesday, June 09, 2009


I've had back and forths with people on Twitter, but I've never had a fight with someone. In fact, I didn't really know it was something that went down on a regular basis. Well, ESPN's Rob Neyer decided to combine a Twitter feed and a column to attack Rob Dibble, and the analyst decided that he need to respond via the social networking platform....

Rob Neyer: "Really, I just wanted an excuse to write about Rob Dibble. For years, I was less than a fan of his work at various networks. So you can imagine my shock, when I realized that I sort of like him in his current role with the Nationals. Yes, he's still a blowhard who believes that if you didn't play the game, you don't know anything about it. But he's got a good voice, he's quite a bit smarter than you probably think, and he's not been pulling his punches while the Nationals have become the biggest joke in the game."

Rob Dibble: "It's funny to have college dropout Rob Neyer transcribe MASN broadcasts*, hey Rob, I've got a leaky roof, can you come over and fix it? lol"

"The fact that Neyer and Keith Law have HOF votes proves writers should no longer have the right to vote..."
Well then. I understand that journalists fight with each other from time to time, but that's taking it a bit too far on both ends. The funny thing about Twitter, is that certain people almost act like people won't see what they write. Until you know how to use a technology, it's best to be a tad more careful. What you don't know, could really get you in trouble.

Twitter Fight! (Federal Baseball)
Nats Dunn Can't Fight City Hall (ESPN)

Posted by Awful Announcing at 8:51 AM

7 Comments:

Come on, twitter, really? The whole idea of Twitter is pretty senseless. I don't know much about Neyer, I'm sure he's a great guy, but f*** him. He's a Sabre-geek. Get in the booth or on the air with him and go toe-to-toe with that pussified Twitter bullshit.

TomahawkFlop said...
Jun 9, 2009, 10:36:00 AM  

Well played, Dibs.

GMoney said...
Jun 9, 2009, 11:00:00 AM  

"I've had back and forths with people on Twitter"

Doesn't get much gayer.

Dibble's a mongoloid, follow him off an AIDS cliff, you two.

Anonymous said...
Jun 9, 2009, 11:17:00 AM  

If "you two" includes me, that's ok, but I wasn't sticking up for Dibble. My point is that twittering about anything earns you a ticket to the Doosh Hall of Fame, and that if Neyer has issues with Dibble he should go toe to toe with him on air or in the booth.

TomahawkFlop said...
Jun 9, 2009, 11:29:00 AM  

I agree, Tomahawk. Twitter is just a notch below wearing sunglasses indoors and wearing a Bluetooth ear piece in the Doucebag Neccessity List.

walnuts said...
Jun 9, 2009, 12:02:00 PM  

Bigface & Walnuts: I took the day off from blogging yesterday to exchange tweets & had a great time.

AA 12:34 PM June 9th

Faux Twitter said...
Jun 9, 2009, 12:23:00 PM  

Dibble criticizing anyone is just ridiculous. He is the worst announcer and biggest homer that I've heard for a while. He's not just a homer, but a homer for the Nats, meaning he's constantly blaming them sucking on someone else.

Bazooka Jones said...
Jun 9, 2009, 5:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment