Tony Kornheiser Likes To Think People Liked Him On MNF

Wednesday, June 03, 2009


Look, I'm not one to kick someone when they're down, and Tony Kornheiser has certainly received his share of criticism, but this quote from his latest appearance "On The DL" just cracked me up....

“I am absolutely gratified and buoyed by the street reaction that I have gotten where people say to me ‘we really liked your work, we’re really going to miss you.’ Total strangers, people I don’t know, seem to have responded very well to what I did on Monday Night Football. That thrills me. I didn’t expect that.

“You know, I thought that critically I was crushed, and internally, maybe, at ESPN there were a lot of people who didn’t like me -- I mean, I don’t know that, but I sense that every once in a while -- but I think there are just people who don’t like me. But the average guy on the street, at least the one who wants to talk to me, is so kind in what they’ve said and I’m very grateful for that.”
So basically everyone who mattered (i.e.- His co-workers and peers in the business) think hammered him, but the average Joe on the street says they'll miss him? First of all, I don't think Tony is that much a "man of the people", that he's strolling around DC and talking with the commoners. But even if he is, I'm sure people would bring up PTI over anything he did on MNF. I certainly could be wrong though.

Tony also talks Gilbert Arenas, the Mickelsons, Gruden and Millen and Twitter! Be sure to listen and subscribe to the OtDL podcast!!!

Tony Kornheiser Enjoys Salty Snacks, Talks MNF, Radio Future and Twitter (On The DL)

Posted by Awful Announcing at 1:12 PM

6 Comments:

How much did he discuss American Idol???

GMoney said...
Jun 3, 2009, 1:24:00 PM  

"But even if he is, I'm sure people would bring up PTI over anything he did on MNF." 10% of America saw him on MNF each week. Probably less than 1% see him on PTI.

Morgan Wick said...
Jun 3, 2009, 3:40:00 PM  

"maybe, at ESPN there were a lot of people who didn’t like me"

Gee, I thought he quit on his own cuz he hated flying or some shit like that!

"Gilbert Arenas is the worst person on Earth."

Well golly, I wonder why people wouldn't like Tony, an unathletic schlumpy vain ass hole of a sportswriter.

E Buzz said...
Jun 3, 2009, 5:29:00 PM  

Actually Tony is great - on PTI and with his writing. I think he does a great job, and is a good guy. I don't think there's any reason to be commenting on this..whats done is done and he understands it. I wouldn't say MNF was his true calling, but I wouldn't say he was terrible either. Either way, great writer..love him on PTI, and good guy

Unknown said...
Jun 3, 2009, 6:22:00 PM  

Is he a good guy?

E Buzz said...
Jun 3, 2009, 7:24:00 PM  

At least he doesn't have to go to Jacksonville anymore now that he's retired from MNF.

da HOOK said...
Jun 4, 2009, 8:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment