Your 2009 NBA Finals Announcing Schedule

Monday, June 01, 2009


Obviously once we get to the Finals, it isn't much of an "announcing" schedule anymore, but I thought I'd share with you the Final schedule just for the heck of it. Feel free to throw your prediction on the series in the comments as well. Your truly thinks the Lakers take this in five, but hopes he's wrong....

Game 1, THU 6/4 - at LAL (ABC, 9pm) - Mike Breen, Mark Jackson, Jeff Van Gundy
Game 2, SUN 6/7 - at LAL (ABC, 8pm) - Mike Breen, Mark Jackson, Jeff Van Gundy
Game 3, TUE 6/9 - at ORL (ABC, 9pm) - Mike Breen, Mark Jackson, Jeff Van Gundy
Game 4, THU 6/11 - at ORL (ABC, 9pm) - Mike Breen, Mark Jackson, Jeff Van Gundy
Game 5, SUN 6/14 - at ORL (ABC, 8pm)* - Mike Breen, Mark Jackson, Jeff Van Gundy
Game 6, TUE 6/16 - at LAL (ABC, 9pm)* - Mike Breen, Mark Jackson, Jeff Van Gundy
Game 7, THU 6/18 - at LAL (ABC, 9pm)* - Mike Breen, Mark Jackson, Jeff Van Gundy

6 Comments:

Why are there two day breaks in this series but only a one day break both times that the teams travel all the way across the country? Does ABC actually have something else that people watch coming on that the Finals had to work around?

Unknown said...
Jun 1, 2009, 12:09:00 PM  

schedules rarely have anything to do with travel or convenience for the viewer but more about what night some retarded reality show is on.

Math Geek said...
Jun 1, 2009, 12:24:00 PM  

It is always awkward trying to schedules sports events on the networks. You saw that with NBC and the Stanley Cup Finals. I would be surprised, if not shocked, if NBC broadcasts the NHL next year, but I digress. I would expect more and more events to go over to cable because of the fact that it does not create havoc for the schedules on the networks. That won't happen for a while for the NBA and the NFL, but might happen sooner for baseball and hockey. Just so you know, I am taking the Lakers in six, but every game will be close.

Nathan Brice said...
Jun 1, 2009, 12:41:00 PM  

I like the Magic in six, but if the series goes seven, I think the pressure will be too great for Orlando to pull out a Game 7 in Los Angeles. Still, obviously with my pick, I believe the Magic can win at STAPLES Center (perhaps multiple times). In any case, the 2-3-2 format has always intrigued me because if the team without home court advantage can ever sweep all three home games, it puts considerable pressure on the team with home court advantage. That makes for compelling theater.

Brad James said...
Jun 1, 2009, 2:12:00 PM  

When the Celts and the Magic locked horns, I knew Hedu and Lewis would be a nightmare to defend. I get the same feeling now, just not as strong. Those two will still be tough to cover for the Lakers.
I disagree with most experts(at least the ones I've heard) that say the Lakers have more "bodies" to throw at D. Howard. Gasol? Puh-lease. Bynum? I think not. Benga? I give him a better chance than the other two, even though he hasn't played forever.
Magic in 6.

Monty said...
Jun 1, 2009, 3:44:00 PM  

magic in 6 rashard lewis and hedo are going to explode

Anonymous said...
Jun 2, 2009, 10:56:00 AM  

Post a Comment