Stay Tuned for a Brief Announcement

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

A few facts about me that you need to know before I tell you about some changes to the site:

1) I was not a journalism major in college.
2) I do not "hate" all announcers, commentators, sportscenter hosts, and writers (just most).

3) I am only one person on this site.....and I work a full-time job.
4) I love all commenters......good and bad.
5) I'm an alcoholic, and most of the posts I write when I'm drunk.

(One of those isn't true) Now that all of that has been said.....here's my point. The grammar police thing is a little annoying. If something bothers you that much.....just send me an email and I will fix it. In fact, I will thank you for noticing it.

I'm not going to delete past ones, but I am getting rid of Anonymous comments on the site. If you are going to bash me I'd at least like to know who you are.

Unlike most of the writers/announcers that I review/critique.....I don't get paid to do this. If you want to be my "official" editor please submit your resume to bspowell@gmail.com. I can only pay you in Hugs and alcohol though.

A few things that will never change on this site: My disdain, comments won't be deleted, it is highly unlikely that I will have advertising on the site, and I will always link to your site if you post a comment (good or bad).

****

Also you may notice that I've been taking a lot more writers to task as of late. Simple reason......it's easier to scour websites than watch 10 baseball games in a night. So I hope you enjoy the changes. And if you don't you can at least enjoy these links.

Flashwarner, Even British women hate our announcers.

The Gatorade Dump lays into Simmons on the Poker side of things. He knows a lot more about the game than I do.

The Mighty MJD made my day with this photo.

Thundermatt My favorite aspect of that site (even thought there are many). I'm a sucker for 80s baseball cards.

A Simmons review coming tomorrow (it's a mailbag, and it's pretty good)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 8:53 PM

5 Comments:

The Wookie first pitch? Seriously...who thought that was a good idea? I bet he's a Jimmy Key-type, all off-speed junk...

T.J. said...
Aug 24, 2006, 8:29:00 AM  

My favorite part of that picture is that he's throwing it to an Ewok...

Yeah, I agree, I hate the anonymous guys that leave whiny little bitch comments and never identify themselves...

Assclowns...

Aug 24, 2006, 10:11:00 AM  

Dude fix your grammar. just kidding haha.

SAMO said...
Aug 24, 2006, 11:54:00 AM  

Graduated from ol' JMU in '04.

Ryan said...
Aug 24, 2006, 2:00:00 PM  

Sweet, maybe I'll actually get more than just the writers in the Saloon to vote on the 80's team poll now.

I plan to do a position each week. At this rate there'll be a different one each week until the end of December.

Some of these will be pretty cut and dry like the 2B one. Like NL 3B is hands-down Mike Schmidt and Ozzie has a stronghold on NL SS. But some others will be interesting. Like NL RF will have Andre Dawson, Tony Gwynn, Pedro Guerrero and Darryl Strawberry.

Aug 24, 2006, 2:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment