Thoughts While Learning How to Proofread......

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

So while going through my old posts to put the links back up I noticed that I apparently don't know how to spell. (Shame since I'm such a fabulous writer) Annnnnyways, here are the things that I'd like to touch on....followed by some links (because I'm lazy today).

1) The Wizards decided to not match the Knicks offer for Jared Jeffries. Thank God! I've despised him since he got drafted, but turned around a little on him after two good playoffs. Still, 5 years at $30 million is a lot for a guy that averaged 6.3 pts and 4.9 rebs last year. Thanks Isiah!!!

2) Rotoworld.com had commercials during the Hall of Fame Game on Sunday. This Fantasy thing is getting out of control, no? Oh well, I'm not going to stop playing.

3) Speaking of fantasy....Mike Shanahan is the fantasy football Nazi. He is starting undrafted Mike Bell currently instead of Tatum Bell or Ron Dayne.

4) The Flava of Love is the best show on television. I mean where else can you see a fight in the first 5 mins. of this girls meeting each other AND have someone take a dump on the stairs? Where I ask you?

5) Bill Simmons Review coming either tonight or tomorrow.....here's a small taste from the mailbag:

Q:
Let's see, in the past two months, you embraced soccer, created an Us Weekly fantasy league for women, were called a "hero" by Mark Cuban and complained about two American institutions: fantasy football and Vegas. What day is your surgical procedure that officially makes you a woman? I want to make sure I send you a card.

-- Bill Simmons, Los Angeles

SG: Just wanted to beat you guys to the punch.

Hey, at least he knows. And this wasn't the only comment that told him he sucked.

MY LINKAGE BRINGS ALL THE BOYS TO THE YARD AND THEY'RE LIKE.....IT'S BETTER THAN YOURS

Maybe Next Year tells us that Owners are going downhill.

Fire Joe Morgan is having a contest for the best made up Joe line at the LLWS. Good stuff.

The Roscoe Report has a nice comparison here. I'm a sucker for Real World vs. Road Rules posts.

WBRS Sports shows us how we can "Learn to be a Jackass". I've already signed up.

Thunder Matt's Saloon is doing a great job of giving it to Colin "I'm a douche" Cowherd. By our powers combined Simmons and Cowherd will get their "Upcomance" (I think I just made that word up)

Life on a Bench shows us who the winners and losers were at the Trade Deadline. Funny stuff.

P.S.- I'm not sure what that square box is on the right there, but it looks cool and things rotate. I hope it doesn't distract you. And I added the picture because the post looked so empty.....LOOK OUT BITCH!

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 2:09 PM

13 Comments:

Thanks for the link bro.

SAMO said...
Aug 8, 2006, 8:09:00 PM  

RW/RR Challenges are pure entertainment. It almost makes me want to watch whatever extreme sport TJ Lavin competes in. Almost. Thanks for the linkage, broseph, and the explanation for the picture is quite simply, hilarious.

A.T. Bianchi said...
Aug 8, 2006, 8:28:00 PM  

the Blogosphere has now taken down Jay Mariotti, it has taken down Cowherd, and now Simmons. Anyone know if there is a blog that attacks Bayless and Paige? or is attacking two crochety old men like that just too easy?

WCT said...
Aug 8, 2006, 10:54:00 PM  

Bayless was filling in for Jim Rome today. He was going off on how Charles Barkley would make a terrible governor but then practically in the same breath talked about how he loved Arnold in California. I could tell you what he said after that but suddenly blood starting coming out of my ears.

Aug 8, 2006, 11:04:00 PM  

I think the official sign that Billy Boy has lost it is his latest "column" for ESPN the magazine, wherein he writes only a small preamble and then reprints the entirety of a reader's email. Mailing it in indeed.

Anonymous said...
Aug 9, 2006, 7:08:00 AM  

i don't know what's worse, that you referenced that "milkshake" song or that i knew you were referencing it.

Greg said...
Aug 9, 2006, 10:51:00 AM  

Just finished reading the mailbag. Given the number of emails bashing him he posted it seems he's somewhat aware of his craptitude lately.

Although he probably wasn't serious, what was with the "I may adopt the Oilers as my new team and get back into hockey" thing? This from the man that wrote the book on sports bigamy. Hey Bill, sorry but you're stuck with the shitty Bruins. Live with it.

Aug 9, 2006, 10:59:00 AM  

Bayless kills me, but at least his upfront with his crap.

Greg- I think it's all of the above.

Aug 9, 2006, 11:00:00 AM  

He's such a hypocrite.....damn blogger is done so I can't post on it.

What was up with the four page Randy Savage diatribe???

Aug 9, 2006, 11:01:00 AM  

P.S.- Greg, just so you know, I'm a Michigan fan. So I won't be adding a link for your site. Hope you can understand.
(Just Kidding)

Aug 9, 2006, 11:03:00 AM  

Brian - I am NOT and OSU fan. Trust me. I live in Illinois and go to Marquette University... a school without a football team.

I do have a slight bias towards Notre Dame though, but I am generally just a fan of college football.

Greg said...
Aug 9, 2006, 12:16:00 PM  

you know, I was just thinking how much I like this site... till I found out you were a michigan fan... thats unfortunate

WCT said...
Aug 9, 2006, 9:25:00 PM  
Anonymous said...
Apr 25, 2007, 10:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment