Welcome Back Old Friend

Monday, August 21, 2006

At about the age of 6 I started following a College Football team for the sole reason that they had "Cool Looking" Helmets. But by the time I turned the awkward age of 12 I was fully immersed in a team named the Wolverines. In 1990 I was hooked on the Maize and Blue, and a running back named Jarrod Bunch.

The 1990 team didn't win the National Title but I remebered them destroying Mississippi in the Gator Bowl 35-3, and Jarrod ran over the Rebs that day.

Well in early 2005 Jarrod blew my mind. He competed against Michael Westbrook (yes, that same Kordell Stewart to Westbrook) in a Pride fighting match in Ohio.......and lost. I had followed Jarrod even after he got drafted to the much hated NY Giants, but this was ridiculous. I was pretty depressed that one of my favorite Wolverines would stoop to something this low.

Well, Fast forward to Sunday, August 20th, 2006.......As I'm watching the second to last episode of Entourage (and yes, flipping back and forth to the Teen Choice Awards) I saw the greatest site ever! Jarrod Bunch is an actor, and he's playing a part in one of my favorite shows!!! Jarrod played a Disney lot security guard and even had a speaking part. (When Ari sent Bob Ryan to the wrong lot) Now I know this may not mean a lot to you, but I'm happy for Jarrod (He even has an IMDB profile Here.)

Jarrod welcome back to the real world, and I can't wait to see The Death and Life of Bobby Z. You may be playing another Security Guard Mr. Bunch, and starring opposite Laurence Fishburne and Paul Walker, but hey it's a start (and you're not getting choked out by Michael Westbrook).

Hail! to the victors valiant. Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes. HAIL HAIL! to Michigan the leaders and best.

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 2:00 PM

5 Comments:

"In 1990 I was hooked on the Gold and Maize, and a running back named Jarrod Bunch."

You realize of course that Maize IS gold right? Its the Maize and Blue. I'm a buckeye fan ane even I know that...

WCT said...
Aug 21, 2006, 3:51:00 PM  

Whoops.....leave it to Ohio State fan to catch that.

Aug 21, 2006, 3:58:00 PM  

Well, the Indians called it maize ...

Jarrod Bunch, native of Ashtabula, Ohio. There's no "there" there.

Anonymous said...
Aug 22, 2006, 3:30:00 PM  

Of course Bunch lost the fight. He was a Wolverine in Ohio. They lose ALL THE TIME.

Marcus said...
Aug 22, 2006, 3:50:00 PM  

ALL THE TIME... all I have to say is Griese to Streets

Anonymous said...
Aug 22, 2006, 4:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment