Vitale Pens Articles With Ghost Writers

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Who woulda thunk it, right? I thought he was an author, columnist and announcer, all wrapped into one, but apparently only one of those is actually true. The blog, d1004d, happened to be listening to Mike and Mike when Dickie V broke the news that he "has guys" that write the articles for him. Here's the audio....



"I'm no Mike Lupica. I'm no John Feinstein. I can't bang out the words like they can. But I can talk. And when I talk to my guys, they convert it. And they put it to a column."- Dick Vitale

It's really not that big of a deal, but it's just funny to me that he freely admitted it on national radio. Too funny.

Ever wonder how Dick Vitale 'writes' his columns? (d1004d)

Posted by Awful Announcing at 1:09 PM

9 Comments:

Now I've finally lost all respect for USA Today...

BK said...
Dec 18, 2008, 1:26:00 PM  

What a retard.

Anonymous said...
Dec 18, 2008, 1:33:00 PM  

I always knew that Dickie V was illiterate.

GMoney said...
Dec 18, 2008, 1:44:00 PM  

If you've ever listened, the Dicky V segment on M&M is a complete joke. I listen just for the unintentional comedy. They ask him a question about one topic, then he gets up on his soapbox about a completely different and unrelated topic.

WCT said...
Dec 18, 2008, 1:49:00 PM  

They ask him a question about one topic, then he gets up on his soapbox about a completely different and unrelated topic.

A college football playoff?

Dec 18, 2008, 2:02:00 PM  

I need one of these jobs where the company hires others to do my work for me. Do they hand those out anywhere?

Anonymous said...
Dec 18, 2008, 2:50:00 PM  

I never had wondered how he writes his columns because I never read that shit. He's a joke. No way should he be in the HOF. If Dickie V's a Hall-of-Famer, Stuart "Boo-Yah" Scott is a fuckin' Nobel Prize winner.

Scott said...
Dec 18, 2008, 4:48:00 PM  

That's dl004d -- the letter L is the second character, not one.

Anonymous said...
Dec 19, 2008, 8:08:00 AM  

WCT,
Yeah it goes into "How many name-drops can he do?". It would make a fantastic drinking game if it weren't a morning show.

Dick Vitale in the HOF while Dennis Johnson/Adrian Dantley are not is the equivalent of Eminem and Three Six Mafia having Oscars but Peter O'Toole has none.

Anonymous said...
Dec 21, 2008, 3:22:00 AM  

Post a Comment