Those Really Really Really Addicted To Poker Can Watch The Final WSOP Table On ESPN (For A Fee)

Monday, June 25, 2007



I enjoy Poker just as much as the next guy, but if you shell out money for this thing....I just can't be friends with you.

ESPN will offer live pay-per-view coverage of the Final Table of The World Series of Poker from The Rio in Las Vegas on Tuesday, July 17. Fans can purchase The World Series of Poker Final Table Live! for a suggested retail price of $19.95, and can view the final table either on TV or via live online video stream on ESPN.com. Pay-per-view coverage will begin at 3 p.m. ET and will continue until the 2007 World Series of Poker main event champion is crowned.
Some dude named Ali Nejad and Phil Gordon are your announcers, but again....I don't know you if you pay $20 to see something that you could read/see for free.

(ESPN Press Release)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 11:25 PM

4 Comments:

Sadly, my brother tried to get me to go half with him on the PPV final table last year. I declined and he bought it himself anyway. I watched about 30 minutes of it. It's not entertaining at all as you cannot see the down cards.

BD said...
Jun 26, 2007, 9:03:00 AM  

Nothing's more exciting than watching someone shuffle!!!

GMoney said...
Jun 26, 2007, 9:51:00 AM  

It's probably cheaper to get a few of your friends to say "I fold. Take it." for ten hours.

MDT said...
Jun 26, 2007, 11:36:00 AM  

I actually heard that they are going to be tape delaying the coverage this year so the PPV final table will, in fact, be showing the whole cards. If that's the case i can see why a die-poker fan would enjoy this coverage (even with the god-awful Phil "I sound like Kermit the Frog" Gordon announcing). $20 doesn't seem that unreasonable of a fee for this either seeing as the final table usually lasts anywhere from 8-15 hours or so. maybe longer.

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2007, 4:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment