Wait, Darren Rovell Killed Mr. McMahon???

Wednesday, June 20, 2007



Well I guess we are all suspects, but this article cracked me up. DR employed the help of Michael McCann (Sports Law Blog) and Ira Lee Sorkin (Former SEC somebody) to figure out if WWE and Vince McMahon were irresponsible in their acts last Monday. He also contacted them directly for a comment....

Well folks, I’ve never thought I’d utter this phrase: I am a murder suspect. But, truth be told, I apparently am. This according to World Wrestling Entertainment World Wrestling Entertainment Inc, who gave me this statement when I called them yesterday to answer whether they were irresponsible in issuing a news release that “Mr. McMahon” was “presumed dead” after his limo was blown up last Monday.

Here’s what they sent me:

To date, World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. has not received a single inquiry from a shareholder regarding the alleged demise of “Mr. McMahon.”

It is well known to our shareholders and our viewers that “Mr. McMahon” is a character portrayed by Vincent Kennedy McMahon, the founder and Chairman of World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc.

As far as speculation as to who may have committed this heinous act against “Mr. McMahon,” the WWE has not ruled out any suspects, including CNBC sports business reporter Darren Rovell. The WWE would like to thank CNBC for its concern over the “Mr. McMahon” mystery and we would like to remind your viewers to continue to tune into WWE’s Monday Night RAW, cable’s top rated program on USA Network (a division of NBCU), to keep abreast of the latest developments in this ongoing situation.
How hilarious is that!?!?! I never knew you to be a violent man Rovell. Good luck with your case, and if you get a Wrestlemania appearance out of this I'm going to be jealous.

WWF's McMahon "Death": I'm A Murder Suspect (CNBC: Sports Biz)
WWE: Is Faking Vince McMahon's "Death" Working? (CNBC: Sports Biz)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 11:30 AM

8 Comments:

Nobody pushes the envelope more than Vince. I'm pretty sure I'll watch Monday night to see how the "investigation" is going.

GMoney said...
Jun 20, 2007, 3:49:00 PM  

LOL! I love that Darren Rovell wanted poster. :D

twins15 said...
Jun 21, 2007, 1:25:00 AM  

You murderous scum. How dare you murder Mr McMahon. Am I a suspect for thinking it's as laughable as you. LOL LOL LOL LOL. I never knew laughing could be this painful. If I have a hernia I'm going to sue.

Anonymous said...
Jun 23, 2007, 6:34:00 PM  

We all know this is total BS. He isn't dead. It's nothing more than a sports soap opera with people potraying fake characters and fake deaths, etc. It's just as lame. It's so funny to see people get so worked up over fake crap.

Anonymous said...
Jun 25, 2007, 2:40:00 PM  

vince isnt even dead dont worry dude it was just a hoax he came out on raw and said benoit tradgey sucks blah blah blah ur off the hot seat dont worry

Anonymous said...
Jun 27, 2007, 11:30:00 AM  

i like applesauce

Anonymous said...
Jun 27, 2007, 2:15:00 PM  

if anyone wants JOHN CENAS ADDRESS email me at alex.symonds9000@ntlworld.com

Anonymous said...
Jun 27, 2007, 2:17:00 PM  

i likes apple sauce more than chinese chicken and chinese chicken is reaaaaaaaaalllllllly good but the best of all is SUSHIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...
Jun 27, 2007, 2:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment