H.R. Is Back In Business (Although I'm Not As Excited As Others)

Monday, June 11, 2007


It seems that I just received the same press release as Deadspin, but it's official....Harold Reynolds is gainfully employed again. Things are looking better for the former ESPN Analyst...

MLB Advanced Media, LP (MLBAM), the interactive media and Internet company of Major League Baseball, announced today that it has hired former Major League All-Star second baseman Harold Reynolds as a broadcaster for MLB.com. "We are delighted to bring one of baseball’s most respected analysts to our team," said Dinn Mann, Executive Vice President, Content, Editor-in-Chief for MLB Advanced Media.

"The addition of Harold to our staff of former players, including Jim Leyritz, John Marzano, Brian McRae and Billy Sample, further provides our audience with insights to the game that are unique to the digital space." After the Major League Baseball All-Star Game, Reynolds will appear five days per week at 2p.m. (ET) to bring his unique viewpoint of the game directly to fans around the globe. Reynolds will also interact with fans via weekly online chats and through his blog, giving MLB.com users unprecedented, round-the-clock access to one of baseball’s most knowledgeable and popular personalities.
Don't get me wrong....I'm happy Harold Reynolds is employed again, but this seems like a pretty big step in the wrong direction. The guys needs to be in a booth somewhere, and if you believe that he's innocent....how good would you look if you did so now? Just a thought.

P.S.- I do enjoy the fact that they sought out Deadspin and blogs to break the news.

P.P.S.- I'd also be wary of getting all giddy before all of the details of the case are out. While I don't trust ESPN.....anything could happen.

MLB Press Release (Deadspin)
Harold Reynolds is Back Baby (Deadspin)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 7:35 PM

4 Comments:

I think Harold Reynolds is a good guy, and I always enjoyed his announcing and insightful analysis. Much better than Joe Morgan, in my opinion.

Even if he was guilty of the accusations (which I have my doubts about), I'm glad he's got another shot.

Kevin Hayward said...
Jun 11, 2007, 9:00:00 PM  

Great day for Beaver fans - Harold's back, and Oregon State is drilling Michigan 7-1 on like, two hits, four walks and a dotted batsman!

Anonymous said...
Jun 11, 2007, 9:44:00 PM  

Free at last, free at last, thank God almighty, HR is FREE AT LAST!!!

GMoney said...
Jun 12, 2007, 10:02:00 AM  

I know the guy has crossed ESPN, and for that he should be commended. But, as a baseball analyst, what is so great about HR? I didn't watch BBTN much, but what I saw, he appeared to be bland and blissfully ignorant of modern baseball analysis like everyone else on the network.

Unknown said...
Jun 12, 2007, 7:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment