Not The Mascot! Oh The Horor!!!

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Being someone that has spent his fair share in mascot costumes (3 to be exact), I can understand the panic on this Cincinnati Reds Mascot's face. You never want to be unmasked even if there's an element of danger involved....



The "mascot" is a thankless job and it's about time that people documented the dangers that affect them. I once had to dress up as a "Bear Dog" and participate in a walk-a-thon very very hungover. These people need a Union and they need one post haste.


Mr. Redlegs Loses His Head
(Bugs and Cranks)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 7:41 AM

7 Comments:

Lose a head, lose a headline. Heh.

Anonymous said...
May 8, 2008, 9:13:00 AM  

To think that I have felt guilty for thinking that you are LAME... you have confirmed it by admitting to being a mascot....LOL!!!

Anonymous said...
May 8, 2008, 9:25:00 AM  

Are you sure you weren't hungover when you wrote that headline?

Anonymous said...
May 8, 2008, 10:33:00 AM  

He's like a lucha libre wrestler who has been unmasked.

GMoney said...
May 8, 2008, 10:47:00 AM  

OH THE HORRORS!

Anonymous said...
May 8, 2008, 11:01:00 AM  

I've had to wear a costume before, and one time I was in the break room, where children WERE NOT supposed to be. All of sudden a couple of the kids came in the room, so I grabbed my head as quick as possible and ducked behind a cabinet to put my head on, well, I fumbled the head and it rolled forward. Poor kids, they probably still have nightmares.

Anonymous said...
May 8, 2008, 12:45:00 PM  

The kids will never be the same again.

On a side note: I wish I had video of Buck Showalter saying one of the best moments in his life was Mickey Mantle getting naked in his office. No lie. It was on the Yankees/Indians game.

Anonymous said...
May 8, 2008, 1:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment