2008 NBA Draft Live-Blog

Thursday, June 26, 2008


Well here we are folks. It's one of the most enjoyable nights of the year and it's become a fun tradition here at AA. There will be photos, videos, analysis and fun all evening long, so comment early and comment often. We'll get underway around 7pm but in the meantime feel free to click through last year's draft.

Last Year's NBA Draft Live-Blog

Great it's only 6:30pm and Dickie V is already yelling about the age limit and CDR being underrated. It's going to be a long night.
_________________________

And we're live from NYC and MSG! Stu Scott is on the mic and the camera is showing fat people running into the building. Eric Gordon is wearing a white suit and has the early nod as the Jalen Rose Award Winner for the night.

"It's also a diaper Draft."- Jay Bilas

Huh?

"Teenagers in their early 20s"- Stuart Scott starting off early (Via Judderman)

Hahahahahaha. Ric Bucher is the Chris Mortensen of the NBA. I swear the guy just makes up trades throughout the day in his head. "Lebron, Wally, and Z for Ben Gordon? Sounds good!"

"He can get up and down the court like running at full speed."- Jay Bilas on Rose

Ugh....here we go. ESPN is already trying to ruin picks before they happen. Please, please stop this!!! We all know they're taking Rose, but we like the mysticism! In case you care there's a stellar WNBA matchup on ESPN2. Colleen Dominguez weird me out for some reason. Not sure why.

"I saw a guy in the bathroom just before the show....."- Stuart Scott

It doesn't really matter what the end of that sentence is.

Popeye Jones + Hair = David Amber (Via Anon)

The Chicago Bulls are on the clock!!!!! Okay David Stern....stop rambling. It always amazes me when a team that has the first pick takes the full five minutes.
______________________________

1. Derrick Rose
PG, 6'4", 195lbs
Memphis


O.J. Mayo is really "Waldo," Eddie's friend from "Family Matters." (Via Anon)

Haha...good pull. I love the glasses he's sporting too.

"He can dunk with his elbows when they throw him a lob."- Jay Bilas

Someone get him in the dunk contest right now!

"This is a guy with a bounce in his swagger."- Mark Jackson

I'm not going to be able to keep up tonight. Oooooh and a Screamin' A interview right off the bat. I'm not going to lie....I kind of like him in this roll. Oh and Doris Burke is on the mom interviews. Awesome duo.

Before the 1st pick "Jays Best Available" Um...everyone? (Via Lammy742)
______________________________

2. Michael Beasley
F, 6'9", 235lbs
Kansas State


"He's got arms that extend past normal human limits."- Jay Bilas

"What will be the pick? Only one man knows for sure, David Stern."- Stuart Scott

Umm, what about the people who MADE the pick? (Via Jay)

Good point. These draft hats are actually pretty badass. David Amber also weirds me out in the way that Dominguez does. Don't know what it is.

How many times did Bilas say "score" in that hightlight of Beasley? (Via Anon)

Had to be at least 10....I stopped counting.

"He's bouncy."- Jay Bilas

Is he gunna star in the Clueless remake? (Via BK)
______________________________

3. OJ Mayo
G, 6'5", 215lbs
USC


S.A.S. just isn't asking the hard questions tonight. I'm bored with him already.

"What went into you alls decision?"- Stuart Scott

"I thought he was a pre-packaged guy."- Jay Bilas (Via Lammy)

What does that even mean? He just confuses the hell out of me. And the rumored trade that ESPN was talking about is off. The Sonics are picking.....
______________________________

4. Russell Westbrook
G, 6'3", 180lbs
UCLA

Annnnnnd there's our first stretch of the night! Seattle needs a PG, but I think they could have traded down and still have gotten Westbrook.

"What are you Russell Westbrook?"- Stephen A. Smith

Great question. Hey, Kevin Durant is here! Stu Scott mentions the Knicks and the place goes crazy. What's up with that weird lite bright lattice that's above the arena?
______________________________

5. Kevin Love
C, 6'10", 250lbs
UCLA


Does anyone else think the full court shot from Kevin Love is like the Kyle Boller throw from his knees?

I'm surprised Kevin Love went so high. Usually the NBA hates on big white guys. (Personally, I think he's got mad skills.) (Via Jay)

I concur. There's a difference between a hard nosed big guy like Love and one that looks weak and plays weak like Andrew Bogut. Annnnnnnd I'm already sick of the Doris Burke family interviews.
______________________________

6. Danilo Gallinari
F, 6'9", 209lbs
Italy


BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

God I love it. Fran Fraschilla says that his nickname is "The Rooster" but we all know it's "The Big Cock". Oh and he already has a shoe. That's nice.

"You hear the Knicks fans and they are sleeping on you."- Stephen A. Smith
"I would like the team to win and I play hard. New York City is the best city in the World. I like to win and play hard and stay with my teammates and play with my skills."- Danilo Gallinari

"Don't get caught up in the people booing, they don't know you."- Mark Jackson

Good advice actually.

It's OK, kid. They're not saying, "Boo," they're saying, "Booollissimo." (Via Anon)

______________________________

7. Eric Gordon
G, 6'4", 222lbs
Indiana


"He's got an elongated reach."- Jay Bilas

Come on Jay...what are you trying to pull on us? Stuart Scott keeps talking about this freshman record....can someone please tell him it's because of the age limit? It's not some crazy feat or something.

JVG for the second time admitted he didn't know much about a player. You gotta love ESPN's choice of analysts for the draft. You know, the people who are supposed to analyze things. (Via Jay)

"He's a unique package because of his size."- Donnie Walsh (Via Anon)
______________________________

8. Joe Alexander
F, 6'8", 225lbs
West Virginia


"He's got great spring in his legs."- Jay Bilas

Stephen A. Smith just seriously turned in to Elmer Fudd there. Wow. He is out of his element.
______________________________

9. DJ Augustin
PG, 5'11", 172lbs
Texas


Hahahahaha. I knew someone would stretch for him. How the Bobcats can pass on Lopez is beyond me and they obviously have no faith in Felton.

Michael Jordan's biggest decision is which golf course he's going to play tomorrow and not the Bobs draft pick. (Via Anon)

Brook Lopez is the Aaron Rodgers of this draft and I couldn't be happier. Slip to the Wizards! I've also typed Brook Lopez's info into the last two picks so I'm pretty sure I'll never forget his stats.
______________________________

10. Brook Lopez
C, 7'0", 240lbs
Stanford


Damn....I was hoping for much more of a slip. Now we just need his brother to drop into the second round.

"His arms stretch out to 7'5""- Jay Bilas

Seriously Jay?

We need a Steve Young of the NBA Draft so we can hear someone go nuts over a stupid pick. I could see JVG but he knows nothing about college players. (Via BK)

"It's great to have the guy out of my hair."- Robin Lopez

Please slip....pleeeeeease slip. Why is he even there?

"The Nets got an absolute steal, they should put a mask on." - Jay Bilas (Via SS Reporters)

I swear I don't hear these as they're said. I must tune him out.
______________________________

11. Jerryd Bayless
G, 6'3", 195lbs
Arizona


F'ing steal! I'm so glad the Pacers didn't end up with Augustin here. I don't know why I'm openly rooting for them, but I love when teams get players like Bayless without trying. We also learn that Jerryd shot a hole-in-one at the age of 10. Good info. Also Jer is wearing a pimp ass white suit with white shoes.

I would hate to be Jamaal Tinsley right about now.
______________________________

12. Jason Thompson
PF, 6'11", 250lbs
Rider


Ummmm.....wow. I don't really have anything else to add.

"Jason is not here."- David Stern

No shit.

Who is Jason Thompson? And why is he going in the lottery? If only there were a group of analysts who could tell us more than he's "solid... really... solid"... Thanks Jay! (Via Anon)

That about sums that pick up. Let's pretend that never happened. Also, quick trivia question....name the last Kings first round draft pick who contributed to the team.
______________________________

13. Brandon Rush
G, 6'7", 205lbs
Kansas


Awesome pick. They are just loaded with talent. Unbelievable team. (Apparently I'm channeling my inner Jay Bilas)

It really makes you appreciate Kiper a lot more, doesn't it? (Via Anon)

A-f**king-men. This group is giving us nothing. Jeff Van Gundy doesn't know anything about the college game and Mark Jackson seems lost. Bad idea ESPN.

Did SAS just ask Brandon Rush how he feels about playing with Brandon Rush? (Via Anon)

Yes....yes he did.
______________________________

14. Anthony Randolph
F, 6'10", 197lbs
LSU


"Arms that go forever."- Jay Bilas

"Randolph is only 197 pounds and makes Brandan Wright look like Mr. America."- Jay Bilas

Dickie V is talking about Kevin Love now and says you can always pick up guards later in the Draft. Ummm.....have you looked at the rest of the prospects list? And he throws in an Italian restaurant joke. Kill me.


______________________________

15. Robin Lopez
C, 7'0", 245lbs
Stanford


"He's more defensive orientated and he has bigger hair."- Jay Bilas

Wow....that was sort of a shock. It's a good pick though because he can run.

Ford is reporting that Portland is sending Rush and Jarrett Jack to Indiana for Bayless. (Via Anon)

I hate Robin Lopez already.

Robin Lopez. Must Improve: Goofy hairstyle (Via Lammy)
______________________________

16. Marreese Speights
C, 6'10", 250lbs
Florida


"This guy can shoot. He shot 62% from the field...that's ninth in the NBA."- Stuart Scott

Are you f**king kidding me?!?!?! How does that even compare?
______________________________

17. (Via Toronto) Roy Hibbert
C, 7'2", 278lbs
Georgetown


"He's a big man, 7'2", 278 pounds. What the best thing about him Jay Bilas?"- Stuart Scott
"His size and his skill level."- Jay Bilas

Okay as long as the Wizards don't pick Kosta Koufas....I'm good. Oooh and we get a montage of cry baby Brook Lopez being bored at the draft. Fuck you millionaire.

"Robin is someone who can defend at the defensive end."- Terry Porter
______________________________

18. JaVale McGee
C, 7'0", 240lbs
Nevada


Enh....I'm not against this pick but I would have rather have had Hickson or Arthur. I pleaded for the Wizards to take a similar player in Paul Millsap.

Ike Diogu and Jerryd Bayless head to Portland for Jarret Jack and Brandon Rush go to Indiana.....Wow. That seems pretty pointless for all involved.

JaVale McGee's mom played in the WNBA? Seriously? And sadly, I can't come up with a good joke for this. I admit, I choked. (Via Anon)

What was Roy Hibbert's nickname again? (Via SS Reporters)

Thanks for asking! Brendan Haywood 2.0....thank god they didn't draft him.

"J.J. Hickson is just a horse down low."- Jay Bilas (Via BK)
______________________________

19. JJ Hickson
F, 6'9", 235lbs
NC State


Man watching those highlights I wish he was going to the Wizards. I love this pick for the Cavs. They need an athletic guy like Hickson.

With the 19th pick in the NBA Draft. The Cleveland Cavaliers just lost LeBron James. (Via BK)

Hahahahaha. So true. Hey, JVG is there! I had no idea until he just spoke. He seriously goes a good 35 minutes without saying a word.
______________________________

20. Alexis Ajinca
C, 7'0", 220lbs
France


"He makes Basketball. He makes Basketball look like he's playing nerf basketball."- Fran Fraschilla

Thank God he's there. Oh and the Bobcats suck ass. That's all I have to say.

Another player going to Indiana from Portland.....JOSH MCROBERTS!!!!!!!! Hey a Duke Player!!! Good times.

"It's a whole hat switching thing. Proposed trades, teams, and guys changing hats."- Stuart Scott

God I hate you. Hey Arthur is still there! Who predicted that the other day?
______________________________

21. Ryan Anderson
C,6'10", 235lbs
California


WOW!!!! That is by far the worst pick of the draft. I don't even have to watch the rest. Ridiculous. Who's running the Nets???

90-90 Liberty and Fever- 2OT....Wait...where Am I???

Okay I'm back! I'm feeling Courtney Lee here.....
______________________________

22. Courtney Lee
G, 6'5", 205lbs
Western Kentucky


BAM! Perfect pick for the Magic. I reached with Dontae Green in the first mock draft, but Lee is the ideal guy for them.

"He used to drive and beat me up at the same time, so he was my ride but he would also beat me up so. All I know is that he hasn't let go of that buffet down there in Orlando."- Jeff Van Gundy on Stan Van Gundy

AA, grade ESPN's coverage so far...I'm giving it a solid D. (Via SS Reporters)

Yep....spot on.

Yes Stu, we know the Pac-10 isn't a basketball school that's because it's a conference. (Via BK)
______________________________

23. Kosta Koufos
C, 7'0", 265lbs
Ohio State


Can the Jazz re-draft Greg Ostertag? Because they should after that pick.

Utah selects Kosta Koufos (as I giggle again)... and really, this is the perfect match of player, team, and city... the only way this would be better is if Kosta was a Morman. (Via Anon)

Is it just me or is this Draft going insanely slow?

Kosta Koufos. Must Improve: Ear Shape (Via Lammy)

Hilarious.
______________________________

24. Serge Ibaka
C, 6'10", 228lbs
Congo


Yaaaawwwwwwwwn. God I cannot stand Fran Fraschilla. Can we just get rid of the International position?

Must Improve: Experience

"How do you improve your experience?"- Jeff Van Gundy

Mr. and Mrs Ibaka
Must Improve: Birth control (Via Anon)

17 kids?!?!?! Good lord.

"You've always got your finger in one of your old teams don't you?"- Stuart Scott

Whoa....that's nasty
_________________________

25. Nicolas Batum
F, 6'8", 210lbs
France


"I compare him to Rudy Gay in terms of what he could end up being."- Fran Fraschilla

Ummm....a nothing? And the orange Ric Bucher gives us the info on an Arthur kidney issue. That sucks.

Are we not gettign the SAS interviews with the foreign players? Why must the WWL deprive us of this hilarity? (Via Anon)

Seriously....where the hell did SAS go?

I'm not convinced that the Spurs will draft Arthur... given the new report on his Kidney... well, Sean Elliot's not doing anything, right? Too soon? (Via Anon)

Wow.
___________________________

26. George Hill
G, 6'2", 181lbs
IUPUI


Ummmmmmmm.....I would never question the Spurs Draft strategy, but....yeah. WHO?!

"The Hornets are on the clock but they're making the trade, the pick, basically from Portland pending a trade."- Stuart Scott

What in the world is he talking about?

"On the clock now...the...Charlotte Bob....uh the New Orleans Hornets."- Stuart Scott
___________________________

27. Darrell Arthur
F, 6'9", 230lbs


HEY!!!! Good for Arthur and he's headed to Portland. This team is just freakin' staked now. Amazing.

"Doris is with ya mama."- Stephen A. Smith
"Thank you Stephen A. Sondra, as soon as your son was picked the tears started to flow, those tears are reflective of what?"- Doris Burke
"I'm sorry say that again?"- Mama Arthur

When did Doris Burke turn into James Lipton? Fran Fraschilla talks about Marc Gasol and I fall asleep.
___________________________

28. Donte' Green
F, 6'9", 220lbs
Syracuse


This seems like a waste of a pick to me but we're in best available territory. Rudy Gay now has a clone.

"He's got a lot of tools, he just can't find the keys to the toolbox right now."- Jay Bilas

"We breek in ESPN's Ric Bucher."- Stuart Scott

Stu is having the worst broadcast of his life and I'm loving every minute.
___________________________

29. DJ White
PF, 6'9", 251lbs
Indiana


Whoooo! I got one right on my Mock Draft!!! He's a perfect fit for the Pistons. The Bill Walker talk was nonsense.

"The last time the Pistons took a player from Indiana in the first round was a guy named Isiah Thomas back in '81."- Stuart Scott
"Booooooooooo!"- MSG Crowd
"Come on don't boo Isiah."- Stuart Scott

"You have to have the disease of greed."- Mark Jackson

I actually kind of like that phrase. Damn you Mark Jackson.

I'd love Chalmers as a backup to Rondo, and even play in the same backcourt with him when they go small. (Via Anon)

Interesting. Your thoughts intrigue me....I would like to subscribe to your newsletter. What the hell happened to the clock too? The Celts have been up for about 15 minutes now.

Okay, Stuart Scott just denigrated the sale of the gatorade-soaked shirt... the proceeds from which went to charity. What a dick. (Via Heef)

Stuart Scott just told someone that donated $50,000 to charity to get a life. You Stuart Scott need a life and a bitch slapping. (Via Anon)
__________________________

30. JR Giddens
G, 6'4", 208lbs
New Mexico


Very interesting choice. He wasn't on anyone's board in the first round but he'll fit in nicely. Great....Dick Vitale is back. He's looking haggard at this late hour. He's still bitching about the age limit....I love you Dick, but shut the hell up. He also blows Mark Jackson for a good 5 minutes....I'm done with him.

According to Ford, Detroit and Seattle swapped picks. Detroit picked D.J. White for the Pistons, and Seattle will pick twice in the 2nd round for Detroit. So...keep your eye on CDR being picked by the Sonics. (Via Anon)

I'm so confused. This is why I love the NBA Draft!
____________________________

Round 2:

Way to start off the second round MSG! Someone yells "Where's Steven A?!" as the coverage kicks off. Good times. The hecklers are getting rowdy.

31. Minnesota- Nikola Pekovic

Ummmmm.....who? Here comes Fran...

"He's big....is he good?"- Stuart Scott
"He's mid-lottery talent. He's a mean nasty joker."- Fran Fraschilla

What the hell are they talking about? I'm getting pissed now. It's official....DJ White is heading to Seattle.

32. Detroit- Walter Sharpe (F, UAB)

Ummm right. Okay.....where are we again? Larry Brown is getting booed by MSG and they're just looking for things to be pissed off at.

"What satisfies you most about what you've done so far."- Larry Brown
"I'm satisfied I got a job."- Larry Brown

He just doesn't even care anymore. Hahhahahaha and the crowd starts chanting, "JEFF VAN GUNDY...CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP!"

33. Memphis- Joey Dorsey (F, Memphis)

"He's an absolute man."- Jay Bilas

Wait... so Joey Dorsey was at the draft too? Now I'm confused. (Via Anon)

Dude....just drink. I have no idea what' going on either. The main stage team is stupid, there are random players in the stands........IT'S THE NBA DRAFT! I love it.

34. Minnesota- Super Nintendo Chalmers (G, Kansas)

Again, who the hell is Nikola Pekovic?! DeAndre Jordan is a steal at this point. CDR is a tweener so that's not surprising.

35. Los Angeles Clippers- DeAndre Jordan (C, Texas A&M)

Good pick.

I really, really want a team to draft a foreign player, and just some random guy in the MSG audience/stands/bleachers/whatever to come down and get his picture taken. (Via Anon)

Oh it's coming! The highlight of every Draft.

37. Milwaukee Bucks- Luc Ricard Mbah A Moute (F, UCLA)

I love how ESPN still hasn't told us who went at #36 during the commercial break. We're waiting....

36. Portland- Omer Asik (Turkey)

Thanks ESPN. And I have no idea who that is....pointless.

"Asik in Turkish means lover."- Stuart Scott

38. Charlotte- Kyle Weater (G, Washington State)

The Blazers just drafted a Turk, and someone very audibly cracked open a can of soda (I hope!) on the set. (Via Jay)

Heard it too! I bet it was Stephen A. Smith....wait he's not on the main stage?

39. Chicago- Sonny Weems (F, Arkansas)

Not a bad pick there. He's a good player, but can't shoot.

Sonny Weems? I'm calling shenanigans. That's the made up name, right? (Via Anon)

I wish it was my name. The Nets are up....

40. Chris Douglas-Roberts (G, Memphis)

Amazing pick. After the smoke has cleared the Nets are doing big big things. Add Lebron in 2010 and you have the #1 Seed in the East. Is Calipari drinking Vodka and Crans? That's awesome.

"If we had drafted like that when I was at the Nets, I'd still be coaching the Nets."- John Calipari

F it... I love that CDR pick to the Nets too.. he might not be a starter, but backing up VINSANITY, and, you know, being the guy who plays defense when Vince just gives up. He'll be perfect. (Via Anon)

Agreed, although I felt the same way about Lawrence Moten back in the day.

Jeff Van Gundy
Must Improve: Knowledge of well...other things besides how to bag Alyssa Milano.
(Via SS Reporters)

That's a winner.

41. Indiana- Nathan Jawai (F, Australia)
42. Sacramento- Sean Singletary (G, Virginia)

Damn I was hoping Singletary would somehow make it to the Wizards and he could replace Roger Mason Jr. Oh well.

@AA... wow, a Lawrence Moten name drop... impressed! (Via Anon)

I've been trying to tell you this has been my life for over 20 years.

43. Patrick Ewing Jr. (F, Georgetown)

Interesting. He could pan out but it's not likely to happen. The guy can jump but he has no shot, offense, or rebounding. Hey Larry Bird via satellite with the most boring commentary ever!

Larry Legend may have had too many Vodkas and not enough Red Bulls. (Via Three Bean Salad)

So, basically, we're waiting for Bill Walker to get taken now, right? He would have been a lottery pick next year if he'd gone back, right? (Via Anon)

Ummmm maybe last year. Don't know about next year. He just seems lazy to me.

If Larry Bird and D-Wade had a conversation...... (Via SS Reporters)

Kill me.

44. Utah- Ante Tomic (C, Croatia)
45. San Antonio- Goran Dragic (G, Slovenia)

ESPN should know that Bird couldn't comment on proposed trades, yet their guys focused on that anyway. Still not sure if that was as inane as Stu's 2-question interview with Doc Rivers...and one of those questions was about his Gatorade-soaked shirt being auctioned. (Via Anon)

I can't describe how terrible this broadcast has been.....just plain boring. Great video of Tomic making wide open layups too. He's a winner. It's funny that Chad Ford decided to break up with the Euros this year, but they're getting scooped up all over.

46. Detroit- Trent Plaisted (F, BYU)

I'm surprised that ESPN has footage of these people. I saw him play in one game last year and.....well Jay Bilas just mentions it. Good job Jay. He did well against UNC last season.

47. Washington- Bill Walker (F, Kansas State)

I FUCKING LOVE IT! Piss towels and popcorn for everyone!!!! That just made my night. I don't think I've ever been happier for a second round Wizards pick outside of Gheorghe Muresan and/or God Shammgod.

48. Phoenix- Malik Hariston (F, Oregon)
49. Golden State- Richard Hendrix (F, Alabama)

This just proves Simmons' point about how important chemistry is on the set of a live/studio show and outside of JVG and Jackson these guys don't have it. This broadcast just proves that these shows totally depend on the host and Stu, you didn't have it tonight. (Via BK)

That theory certainly holds true most of the time but not always. I don't think Mike Tirico adds anything to a broadcast but he doesn't screw up like Stu. Scott is just lost tonight.

50. Sonics- DeVon Hardin (C, California)

Adam Silver tells about a trade that already happened and Hardin is a good pick. I'm dragging now people. And wow, ESPN even throws in an ad for its video conferencing software. Good times.

51. Mavericks- Shane Foster (G, Vandy)

USHAH! USHAH! Why did I know that was his nickname even before Stu mentioned it? That's right the NBA Draft song! I forget the name of the Ad Firm that sent that song to me, but bravo for getting it on ESPN.

"I do listen to Usher, it's on my Ipod right now."- Jay Bilas

52. Miami- Darnell Jackson (F, Kansas)
53. Utah- Tadija Dragicevic (F, Serbia)

Utah is just stocking up on foreigners now.

54. Rockets- Maarty Leunen (F, Oregon)

Is it just me or is the worst second round ever?

Somebody just... just needs to put Stu down... maybe just for the night, maybe for longer, but he needs to go. (Via Anon)

And Super Nintendo Chalmers goes to the Heat.

55. Portland- Mike Taylor (G, Iowa State)

Wait.....you can draft people from the D-League?!?!?! People are just making up shit now. This is crazy.

"He's a hungry player, has a terrific motor, and really goes after it."- Jay Bilas

Shut up Jay....you have no idea. Mark Jackson just said something about the NBDL but my brain shut off.

56. Seattle- Sasha Kaun (C, Kansas)

"SASHA Kaun, SASHA Kaun, SASHA Kaun SASHA Kaun, Let me love you SASHA Kaun."- Stuart Scott

Didn't see that coming AT ALL!

"Over seas, where he's from"- Jay Bilas

... shut up Bilas... Just shut the fuck up. (Via Anon)

I'm just done at this point. Someone carry me through the final four picks please.

57. San Antonio- James Gist (F, Maryland)

Hey yo! I didn't even think he was going to be drafted!!! Good times.

Dagger AA! Dagger! Bill Walker is gone...(Via Anon)

The Wizards trade Bill Walker to the Celtics for cash?!?!?! Dammit. This Draft officially sucks. I was stoked about that pick. So pointless.

58. Los Angeles- Joe Crawford (G, Kentucky)
59. Detroit- Deron Washington (F, Virginia Tech)

Well if you want someone to teabag players....he's your guy. Too bad he can't shoot worth shit. Mike Taylor goes to the Clippers............ahhhhhh who cares?! Adam Silver thanks some people who he calls his "friends" at MSG and.....

60. Boston- Semih Erden (C, Turkey)

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
____________________________________

My god that was borderline unbearable. Thanks everyone for seeing me through that nonsense and please ESPN.....NEVER PUT THOSE FOUR TOGETHER AGAIN!!! I knew it was a bad idea to begin with, but the final product was even worse than I had imagined. Mark Jackson has absolutely nothing to say, Jeff Van Gundy also has nothing to say but adds knowing nothing about College players (and openly admits it), Jay Bilas just makes up words the whole time but who can blame him with that supporting cast, and Stuart Scott.......Worst. Host. Ever.

Ugh. Thanks for all of the comments, jokes, and love tonight. More videos, analysis, and grades tomorrow. Cheers!

UPDATE:
Well this is interesting. Via ESPN....
The Minnesota Timberwolves aren't holding on to O.J. Mayo for long.

Two league sources told ESPN.com that the Wolves have reached an agreement in principle with the Memphis Grizzlies that will send the draft rights to Mayo, Marko Jaric, Antoine Walker and Greg Buckner to the Grizzlies in return for the draft rights to Kevin Love, Mike Miller, Brian Cardinal and Jason Collins.

350 Comments:

Is the weather good so we don't have to pick up for your power outages?

TJX said...
Jun 26, 2008, 6:50:00 PM  

Hahahaha. Yes everything looks good, and good thing because the Awful GF is no longer around to pick up the pieces.

We're a go for the whole night though....be prepared.

Jun 26, 2008, 6:55:00 PM  

"Teenagers in their early 20s" -Stuart Scott starting off early

JUDDERMANG said...
Jun 26, 2008, 7:04:00 PM  

"It's a diaper draft." - Jay Bilas

Did Bilas just botch a Dickie V line? That's wrong on so many levels.

Jay said...
Jun 26, 2008, 7:04:00 PM  

Whaddayaknow, ESPN is spoiling picks before they are announced, just like in the NFL draft.

Jay said...
Jun 26, 2008, 7:07:00 PM  

""He can get up and down the court like running at full speed."- Jay Bilas on Rose" -AA

Well that wasn't the full quote. It was awkward, but he finished it by saying something like it's as if Rose is "...running at full speed and the rest of the players are walking."

Jay said...
Jun 26, 2008, 7:11:00 PM  

live blogging events is much more enjoyable for readers of the blog if it updates on its own without the reader having to refresh the page every time. try something like coveritlive.com or something....

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 7:12:00 PM  

Shall we make fun of the fact that you no longer have an Awful GF all day?

TJX said...
Jun 26, 2008, 7:13:00 PM  

AA, can you just put Derrick Rose as the #1 pick ahead of time?

TJX said...
Jun 26, 2008, 7:16:00 PM  

Nobody could think up a better term than "Bio-Blast?" Sounds like a powerful laxitive.

Lammy742 said...
Jun 26, 2008, 7:23:00 PM  

Popeye Jones + Hair = David Amber

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 7:28:00 PM  

No Screamin A. means there will be enough cheese doodles to go around for everyone!

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 7:28:00 PM  

So every year we have an early stretch....who wants to take a guess?

My bet is on DJ Augustin going in the top eight.

Jun 26, 2008, 7:29:00 PM  

Before you mentioned that '' Stellar '' WNBA Matchup on ESPN2, i had honestly forgotten the league was still around

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 7:30:00 PM  

ESPN needs to get Erin Andrews into this draft coverage. Who wouldn't rather see her do these interviews rather than Screamin A?

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 7:31:00 PM  

My stretch prediction is Donte Greene in the top 10.

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 7:31:00 PM  

Please boo Mr. Stern more please.......

TJX said...
Jun 26, 2008, 7:32:00 PM  

Drink every time there is a mention of tremendous upside from Bilas.

TJX said...
Jun 26, 2008, 7:34:00 PM  

O.J. Mayo is really "Waldo," Eddie's friend from "Family Matters."

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 7:36:00 PM  

O.J. Mayo is short for Orange Juice Mayonnaise, right?

Jay said...
Jun 26, 2008, 7:37:00 PM  

Before the 1st pick "Jays Best Available" Um...everyone?

Lammy742 said...
Jun 26, 2008, 7:38:00 PM  

I just gave ESPN's coverage a nickname:


Poo, as in the fecal matter.

TJX said...
Jun 26, 2008, 7:39:00 PM  

Bilas just claimed Rose can dunk WITH his elbows!

Jay said...
Jun 26, 2008, 7:40:00 PM  

And of course, Rose will have the ever difficult task of passing to Joakim Noah.

TJX said...
Jun 26, 2008, 7:40:00 PM  

Derrick Rose, "six foot four", 195

Vegas Watch said...
Jun 26, 2008, 7:42:00 PM  

"What will be the pick? Only one man knows for sure, David Stern." -- Stu

Umm, what about the people who MADE the pick?

Jay said...
Jun 26, 2008, 7:43:00 PM  

I'm surprised Beasley can dunk at just 5'11.

TJX said...
Jun 26, 2008, 7:44:00 PM  

"Second jumpability" - Jay Bilas

TJX said...
Jun 26, 2008, 7:45:00 PM  

how many times did Bilas say "score" in that hightlight of Beasley?

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 7:45:00 PM  

"He's bouncy." Jay Bilas Is he gunna star in the Clueless remake?

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 7:46:00 PM  

AA, can you get rid of the identification just for tonight?

TJX said...
Jun 26, 2008, 7:46:00 PM  

Jayanthony? Sounds like Homer Jayartor Simpson

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 7:50:00 PM  

Yes ESPN, I absolutely care about OJ's full name.

TJX said...
Jun 26, 2008, 7:50:00 PM  

It's off SS....if I get spammed though you're in charge of the beatdown.

Jun 26, 2008, 7:51:00 PM  

Jay on OJ Mayo "...I thought he was a pre-packaged guy." What the hell does that even mean!?

Lammy742 said...
Jun 26, 2008, 7:51:00 PM  

There's a pretty good chance OJ will have to clean his glasses after that spitfest from Stephen A.

TJX said...
Jun 26, 2008, 7:52:00 PM  

Did O.J. Mayo borrow his suit from a 90-year-old man (who is 6 inches shorter than him)?

Jay said...
Jun 26, 2008, 7:52:00 PM  

Bring back Dan Patrick please just for the draft. Stu Scott is on camera and he knows it, which is never a good thing.

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 7:52:00 PM  

"Dwyane Wade, Shawn Marion, and Michael Beasley, not a bad threesome to build around." - Stuart Scott

TJX said...
Jun 26, 2008, 7:54:00 PM  

Okay, I hate this pick a lot....


I wanted Bayless so badly.

TJX said...
Jun 26, 2008, 7:55:00 PM  

Has S.A.S started snacking on the cheese doodles?

LeeZy said...
Jun 26, 2008, 7:57:00 PM  

Oh yes Jay, Westbrook uses his length VERY well.

Lammy742 said...
Jun 26, 2008, 7:57:00 PM  

Late bloomers always ended up being the best lays in HS, so maybe Westbrook will be good.

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 7:58:00 PM  

"Kevin Love is a guy that knows how to play." - Jay Bilas


As opposed to using your 5th overall pick to select a guy who doesn't know how to play but....

TJX said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:03:00 PM  

I'm surprised Kevin Love went so high. Usually the NBA hates on big white guys. (Personally, I think he's got mad skills.)

Jay said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:03:00 PM  

For the next 82 games, the Grizzlies offense will be based on Kevin Love flipping up shots from 90 feet.

TJX said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:05:00 PM  

God I hope the Knicks pick Danilo Gallinari. They just might storm the stage.

Lammy742 said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:08:00 PM  

Hey Fran, we didn't have to wait on Derek Jeter. HE WON RIGHT AWAY.

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:09:00 PM  

It's OK, kid. They're not saying, "Boo," they're saying, "Booollissimo."

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:10:00 PM  

Did Fran just say Galiterrible will " someday become a Tiki Barber or Jeter type " like player in this city? WE DONT WANT AN OVERRATED, HATED BY HIS EX TEAM PLAYER!!

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:10:00 PM  

Where is Spike Lee?


Is he passed out on the couch or something?

TJX said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:12:00 PM  

JVG for the second time admitted he didn't know much about a player. You gotta love ESPN's choice of analysts for the draft. You know, the people who are supposed to analyze things.

Jay said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:12:00 PM  

Is it me or is ESPN playing a Windows error beep every time a pick comes up? If so, it's brilliant, because my head is turning quickly to the TV on instinct.

Jay said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:13:00 PM  

i guess eric gordon is a scorer according to bilas

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:14:00 PM  

Jay on Gordon "He doesn't handle it particularly well." Um, handle what Jay?

Lammy742 said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:15:00 PM  

If Johnny Miller was a Knicks fan he'd probably be saying that Galinari should be cleaing pools in stead of playing ball.

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:15:00 PM  

"He's a unique package because of his size." -Donnie Walsh

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:19:00 PM  

Bilas' heart must have been in flames after showing Alexander demolishing Duke.

TJX said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:19:00 PM  

Joe Alexander's dad is a CEO/ex-pat. I wonder if he and his dad cried about Yi being traded because he would have made a shitload of money from the Chinese market.

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:20:00 PM  

Only athletes can be called freaks and not be offended. I wonder how Rocky Denis feels about hearing that word so much.

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:20:00 PM  

So wait, is Joe Alexander a white boy or not?

Brandon said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:20:00 PM  

Is SAS slurring his words or is it just me?

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:21:00 PM  

Michael Jordan's biggest decision is which golf course he's going to play tomorrow and not the Bobs draft pick.

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:23:00 PM  

I can't wait to see who the Bobcats draft for Adam Morrison to get high with.

Brandon said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:24:00 PM  

It's a shock because there no Tarheels on the board.

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:26:00 PM  

Brook Lopez is crying! Oh so sad, you're not going to be a top 10 NBA draft pick.

Jay said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:26:00 PM  

"They do need size and toughness" - Jay Bilas


...

TJX said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:29:00 PM  

Did he say great organization? Maybe he was smoking pot already. He can definitely join Sean May and Adam Morrison.

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:29:00 PM  

We need a Steve Young of the NBA Draft so we can hear someone go nuts over a stupid pick. I could see JVG but he knows nothing about college players.

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:30:00 PM  

If Brook Lopez had a blond girl with him, the parallels between him and Brady Quinn would be astounding.

Brave Sir Robin said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:31:00 PM  

Let me get this straight, you traded for Yi yet draft Lopez?

TJX said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:31:00 PM  

"The Nets got an absolute steal, they should put a mask on." - Jay Bilas


Get off of my TV.

TJX said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:32:00 PM  

That was a horrible attempt at a joke by Bilas, and Doris Burke is the most boring sports interviewer ever.

Jay said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:33:00 PM  

Van Gundy seems really subdued tonight. Did they make him drink a quart of Robitussin before the start of the show?

Lammy742 said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:33:00 PM  

Stu is on a roll tonight. First he said Gordon was Illinoi's player of the year, then he said The only time the Knicks have picked higher in the draft was when they picked Sky Walker at #5 completely forgetting about the Ewing pick.

Did anyone know Danilo's father and D'Antoni were on the same team?

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:34:00 PM  

I'd rather have Brook Lopez instead of Joakim Noah. Sigh.

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:35:00 PM  

AA... why do I like the Jefferson to Milwaukee trade for the Bucks so much? Am I really that much in the minority on that one?

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:35:00 PM  

"You know, some people say that the Pac-10 isn't a real basketball conference." - Stuart Scott


Making stuff up on the spot like Bucher I see....

TJX said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:36:00 PM  

Can anyone play true point guard Jay?

TJX said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:37:00 PM  

Stu Scott said earlier it has been 7 years since the Knicks made the playoff's, actullay only been 4 but i can't blame him for thinking it's been that long, it's felt like it

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:39:00 PM  

What a lame pick........

TJX said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:41:00 PM  

"Can anyone play true point guard Jay?"

Just Bobby Hurley.

Jay said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:42:00 PM  

"Jason is not here" David Stern

Why would he be there. He's Jason Thompson from Rider.

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:42:00 PM  

Who is Jason Thompson? And why is he going in the lottery? If only there were a group of analysts who could tell us more than he's "solid... really... solid"... Thanks Jay!

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:42:00 PM  

Communications. It's phony major.

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:44:00 PM  

"Jason will actually host the 2nd round, just kidding." - Stuart Scott



Geez these jokes are so lame.

TJX said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:44:00 PM  

It really makes you appreciate Kiper a lot more, doesn't it?

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:45:00 PM  

"Communications. It's phony major"

Probably, but at least it teaches you to use articles (the parts of speech, that is).

Jay said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:45:00 PM  

"Communications. It's phony major."

As a comm major I can say it is. All it leads to is Grad School.

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:46:00 PM  

New York Liberty 61 Indiana Fever 60 with 5:49 left in the game.


Pam Ward is your commentator!

TJX said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:47:00 PM  

I expect Stu to break this one out any minute now: "We're on pace to tie the record for fewest HS seniors taken in the first round"

BF said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:48:00 PM  

AA, Last king's player to contribute in a positive way was Jason Williams in 99 - 2000

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:49:00 PM  

I don't get why the WWL uses college guys at the "big table" in the NBA draft when at the NFL Draft they keep 'em seperated.

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:49:00 PM  

AA... you forgot to add that the Trail Blazers now have tremendous upside.

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:49:00 PM  

AA... you forgot to add that the Trail Blazers now have tremendous upside.

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:49:00 PM  

Stephen A. just asked Brandon Rush if he was looking forward to playing with Brandon Rush.

Jay said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:49:00 PM  

Did SAS just ask Brandon Rush how he feels about playing with Brandon Rush?

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:49:00 PM  

Kevin Martin was picked by Sacramento in 2004 and he certainly contributed this year.

Jay said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:50:00 PM  

Do you think SAS will get mad at Katz for saying his old catch phrase and the name of his old show "quite frankly"?

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:51:00 PM  

Communications as phony major = Simpsons quote by the injured kicker whose leg falls off on the game-winning kick

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:51:00 PM  

That exchange by JVG, Jackson and Bilas was good, and probably what the suits at the WWL had in mind... the NBA analyst give the weakness on the team (The Warriors lack size and front court players, Bilas suggests Randolph)... they got one right.

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:52:00 PM  

Van Gundy looks like he was yelled at by the execs at the WWL and is too scared to let go.
I bet Jackson wants to scream at Stu Scott "Stu, You're better than that."

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:52:00 PM  

Jay Bilas loves size:


"Randolph is only 197 pounds and makes (player's name escapes me) look like Mr. America."

TJX said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:53:00 PM  

At least Stu Scott knew there were only 14 picks in the lottery.

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:53:00 PM  

Stu proceeds to repeat Randolph's answers from the interview that just ended 0.03 seconds ago. Thanks, Stu!

Jay said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:54:00 PM  

Does Stu really need to recap a 3 question interview right after it happened? Oh, only when SAS is the interviewer, and Anthony Randolph is the interviewee.

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:54:00 PM  

Ford is reporting that Portland is sending Rush and Jarrett Jack to Indiana for Bayless

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:56:00 PM  

Gallinari actually proved himself in a good league. Nice to see Dick Vitale being a xenophobe.

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:56:00 PM  

Oh, now we get sarcasm from Stu. He's a comedic genius, I tells ya!

Jay said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:56:00 PM  

Ok take it easy Dickie, maybe you should stop talking for a while.

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:56:00 PM  

Ok take it easy Dickie, maybe you should stop talking for a while.

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:56:00 PM  

Anthony Randolph thinks he got all the tough guarding assignments last year. Really? Who was Chris Johnson guarding then?
/Guy who saw every LSU game last year

BF said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:57:00 PM  

Jason Thompson is the best player to play for a Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference team since Rik Smits (MAAC didn't exist then, or at the very least, Marist wasn't a member). Thompson is an AMAZING player. You will remember his name, trust me. I got the chance to watch him two or three times this season (I go to Marist). He is a BEAST. At BracketBusters, the announcers were slobbering all over him. This kid is pretty much equal to Beasley, but from a no-name conference. He's got a great inside game, and he seems to have a good, if not impressive, shot just inside the arch. Trust me. He will have a MAJOR impact, and you will remember his name.

Trust me.

Oh, and Shaq is getting replaced in the future by Carrot Top. I love it.

Zak said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:57:00 PM  

How long before Shaq duct tapes him too a char and shaves his head?

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:58:00 PM  

Wow that was a bad pick by the Suns.

TJX said...
Jun 26, 2008, 8:58:00 PM  

Robin Lopez. Must Improve: Goofy hairstyle

Lammy742 said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:00:00 PM  

Doris: "How much joy is there now that they're both GONE?"

Mrs. Lopez: "Tremendous amount of joy."

Nice word choice, Doris.

Jay said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:00:00 PM  

I feel *SO* sorry for that Phoenix hat

BF said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:00:00 PM  

"I'm going to play defense." - Robin Lopez


Riveting info.

TJX said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:01:00 PM  

Road to Redemption. WOW. Can't wait

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:01:00 PM  

I'm sorry, but Robin Lopez is the coolest guy in the room. He will enjoy the hot coeds with Leinart.

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:01:00 PM  

"their mom, also an athlete in her own right" Stu Scott. Uh is that a giving birth joke?

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:01:00 PM  

robin lopez: collects Disney memorabillia

Wow ESPN...good fact.

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:02:00 PM  

robin lopez: collects Disney memorabillia

Wow ESPN...good fact.

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:02:00 PM  

@anon 9:01, you try passing two 7 footers through your vagina simultaneously.

Unless you've already done so. In which case I totally apologize.

Zak said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:03:00 PM  

AA, do you think the Wiz should take Hibbert?

Lammy742 said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:05:00 PM  

@zak... I don't think they were 7ft tall at birth though... not that I'm not saying it's not impressive...

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:05:00 PM  

Stu needs to take his lazy eye off the set. The just-selected Speights was 9th in FG% in the NBA? According to who, Shanoff?

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:05:00 PM  

"He can move his feet." Jay Bilas

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:06:00 PM  

The 76ers pick is just as good as Meet Dave.

TJX said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:06:00 PM  

I'm pretty sure twins come out one at a time, not simultaneously.

Jay said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:06:00 PM  

Stu really botched that 9th in the NBA thing. He sounded legitimately down on himself as he went to the break.

Jay said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:07:00 PM  

Eddie Murphy as a tiny alien?! I smell comeback!

Lammy742 said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:07:00 PM  

Meet Dave: Oscar Potential

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:07:00 PM  

What was Roy Hibbert's nickname again?

TJX said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:10:00 PM  

OK, not to sound like an ESPN talking head, but Hibbert is a high character guy, and someone who worked hard to improve his game a lot. I point this out because he's going to the Pacers who still deal with the aftertaste of Stephen Jackson, Jermaine O'Neal, and Jamaal Tinsley. All of them should be gone by the start of the season, not coincidentally.

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:11:00 PM  

Stern should have said "the Phoenix Suns select...Sideshow Bob from Stanford University"

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:11:00 PM  

Why am I nervous that the WWL is following Team USA around... doesn't this have potential disastor written all over it?

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:11:00 PM  

Who considers Rick Reily a househould name? You think asying that in the promo was in his contract.

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:14:00 PM  

AA wrecks his computer in 3....2.....1.....

TJX said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:14:00 PM  

JaVale McGee is going to be lethal once he gets pubes.

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:15:00 PM  

JaVale McGee's mom played in the WNBA? Seriously?

And sadly, I can't come up with a good joke for this. I admit, I choked.

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:15:00 PM  

@anon 9:05, was mainly a joke. But I can see how it didn't translate.

Zak said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:17:00 PM  

Wow. The Wizard's pick screams of "we wanted Hibbert but you'll do...I guess"

Lammy742 said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:17:00 PM  

Does anyone else giggle to themselves when the name "Kosta Koufos" is said?

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:19:00 PM  

"J.J. Hickson is just a horse down low" Jay Bilas

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:19:00 PM  

Good God, Bayless and Roy in the same backcourt is scary. Think of Ellis and Davis last year.

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:19:00 PM  

Mark Jackson: "Take a fresh piece of gum, and enjoy it."

Lammy742 said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:20:00 PM  

Mark Jackson's advice... "take a fresh peace of gum and enjoy it"... I HOPE he's talking about waiting to be drafted and not channeling Bobby Knight.

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:21:00 PM  

Stu will not shut up about the "amazing" amount of freshmen selected.

Jay said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:21:00 PM  

Arthur's best destination is New Jersey. He can play good high-low with Brook Lopez and get out and run with Harris and Carter (and eventually Lebron).

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:21:00 PM  

@bk... Bilas is willing to go into the showers to scout guys.

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:21:00 PM  

With the 19th pick in the NBA Draft. The Cleveland Cavaliers just lost LeBron James

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:22:00 PM  

AA, grade ESPN's coverage so far...



I'm giving it a solid D.

TJX said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:24:00 PM  

AA.....I like this pick too. In a few years it'll be an even better one but you've got to show LeBron you're committed to winning now, not developing guys who need work on their offensive game.

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:25:00 PM  

I just figured out why JVG is so tame tonight. He went on vacation got a tan and got laid.

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:27:00 PM  

@bk... why would you plant that image in our heads?

/shivering at a tanning JVG.

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:28:00 PM  

I'm unstoppable in 1-0 too. I hope to get drafted here soon too.

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:28:00 PM  

Bucher reporting that Josh McRoberts is being added into the Portland/Indy trade... well, that just won the trade.

For Portland.

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:29:00 PM  

And here's our first "upside" comment, and it's not from Bilas!

TJX said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:30:00 PM  

"They should've swapped hats." Andy Katz

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:30:00 PM  

What would YOUR reaction to being baited about be, HUH Mr. Katz?

Lammy742 said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:30:00 PM  

Stuart Scott's jokes make me think Dane Cook is the funniest man on the planet.

TJX said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:33:00 PM  

Yes Stu, we know the Pac-10 isn't a basketball school that's because it's a conference.

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:35:00 PM  

Can we please get a ban on any sports network using "Remember the Name"? I'm so fucking tired of that song.

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:35:00 PM  

@AA... worse than that guy from Rider who's name I've already forgotten?

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:37:00 PM  

With the economy the way it is, maybe it's a blessing in disguise that I'll still be only buying first round Wizards playoff tickets and no more after that.

Lammy742 said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:37:00 PM  

Does anyone know the name of that song they play going to commercial? I wanna download it to get un-pumped every time I'm choosing what to cook for dinner...

TheIRI said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:38:00 PM  

How many times will Scott remind us that David Stern is the NBA commissioner?

TJX said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:38:00 PM  

I can't believe I'm going to say this but I agree with Jay Bilas. Courtney Lee will fit nicely into the Magic lineup. I saw him play in the tourney and he can score.

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:40:00 PM  

I loved Kiki in "Silent Rage" with Chuck Norris, Stephen Furst, and Ron Silver.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084684/

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:41:00 PM  

The San Antonio Spurs will select Tim Donaghy...book it.

TJX said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:41:00 PM  

Please get Chalmers, Seattle.

TJX said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:43:00 PM  

Utah selects Kosta Koufos (as I giggle again)... and really, this is the perfect match of player, team, and city... the only way this would be better is if Kosta was a Morman.

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:43:00 PM  

When will the chants of Free Donaghy start.

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:46:00 PM  

Seattle needs to take Arthur if they want Durant at SG (with Green at SF).

And Houston needs to get Donte Greene for when Yao gets double-teamed and when McGrady penetrates from the top of the key.

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:46:00 PM  

"We tell you about the anatomy of the pick." -S.Scott

Eww.

Heef said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:47:00 PM  

Kosta Koufos. Must Improve: Ear Shape

Lammy742 said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:47:00 PM  

"Loses the ball and the game is over!" - Pam Ward


And the game is tied at 92-92, so it's actually 3 OT.


Pam forgets the score again, and AA better get the video.

TJX said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:48:00 PM  

Kill me now.


I'm a Blazers fan now.

TJX said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:50:00 PM  

Serge Ibaka in the hizzy!

I gotta be honest, I'm looking forward to this SAS interview.

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:50:00 PM  

Mr. and Mrs Ibaka
Must Improve: Birth control

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:51:00 PM  

"The game is over! No, we're going back to overtime. Triple overtime." - Pam Ward. Some people think she's a good announcer. Just saying.

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:51:00 PM  

"How do you improve your experience" - JVG

I was just thinking the same thing.

How come we're gettign the Darrel Arthur interviews, but not the Serge Ibaka waiting room interviews? We now know he was at the Garden.

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:52:00 PM  

"How do you improve your experience."

Bam JVG finally makes an appearance.

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:52:00 PM  

Oh god... a JVG/Stan Van Gundy split screen... F you WWL.

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:53:00 PM  

That poor kid from Kansas. He must feel terrible. Let's shove a mic in his face!

Lammy742 said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:53:00 PM  

Hey, AA if I could call Darrell Arthur as the major slider in the Green room? It's not that special.

Andrew said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:54:00 PM  

Stu to JVG: "You've always got your finger in one of your old teams, don't cha?"

Lammy742 said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:54:00 PM  

Nice montage of Yao... further proving the DJ Gallo theory that he's going to participate in all Olympic events.

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:55:00 PM  

AA....This is excruciatingly slow. Only reason i'm still watching is b/c the Yanks are in a rain delay.

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:56:00 PM  

Are we not gettign the SAS interviews with the foreign players? Why must the WWL deprive us of this hilarity?

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:57:00 PM  

Did the Rockets just select a guy named Ricola Spitoon?

Lammy742 said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:57:00 PM  

Courtney Lee scored SEVEN points against Florida International University, a 9-20 team in the Sun Belt Conference... yea... ok.

TheIRI said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:57:00 PM  

Fran, no escapability? So Batum is a pocket QB?

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:57:00 PM  

And the Spurs select:

Joey Crawford! Who would've thought?

TJX said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:58:00 PM  

I'm not convinced that the Spurs will draft Arther... given the new report on his Kidney... well, Sean Elliot's not doing anything, right?

Too soon?

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:58:00 PM  

I'm not convinced that the Spurs will draft Arther... given the new report on his Kidney... well, Sean Elliot's not doing anything, right?

Too soon?

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 9:59:00 PM  

The Knicks should be renovated, not MSG.

TJX said...
Jun 26, 2008, 10:01:00 PM  

What ever the opposite of Simmons' Reggie Cleveland All-Stars is I nominate Serge Ibaka. He just sounds white for some reason.

Anonymous said...
Jun 26, 2008, 10:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment