You Can Have Mike And Mike Come To Your House And "My Wish" Returns

Wednesday, June 25, 2008


There's nothing more that I like than crazy auction items. I wish I was a multi-millionaire so I could just bid on nonsense all day long to keep me entertained. With that said, I would most certainly bid on this....

The opening bid for Mike & Mike to broadcast from a listener’s home will be $0.99 while most of the other online auction items will begin at a $1.99. Items available online will include autographed jerseys, footballs, basketballs, baseballs, collectible cars, helmets, boxing gloves, books, collector’s player cards and photos.

ESPN Radio’s “experiences” will range from special access ticket packages to sporting events and trips to ESPN’s headquarters.

“I've never arrived at anyone's house empty-handed,” said Greenberg. “This time I'm bringing a few million friends. Not sure the etiquette on that, perhaps a fruit basket, which makes a lovely gift.”
Sound like a blast! I could even live-blog the whole thing!!! Actually in all seriousness the proceeds go to the V Foundation and ESPN Radio does something similar to this every year. Last year ESPN raised over $800K for Cancer research, so if you are a millionaire, or even a hundred-thousandaire, bid on something from July 6 through July 16. And if you DO win this specific prize....I want on the guest list!

It's also the Summer which means more awesome and tear-jerking segments of My Wish on Sports Center. This is by far and away some of the best work that ESPN does all year long and this installment should be no different. The pieces run June 29th through July 3rd and feature the likes of Ben Roethlisberger, the Cleveland Indians, Shaquille O’Neal, Mexican soccer star CuauhtĂ©moc Blanco and amazingly former Kentucky Derby and Preakness winner Smarty Jones.

(Via ESPN PR)

1 Comments:

Ironically, not one Make A Wish kid asked for Mike and Mike to be their wish.

GMoney said...
Jun 25, 2008, 1:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment