John Kruk Wants To Punch Karl Ravech In The Face, And Winter Meetings' Coverage On ESPN

Tuesday, December 02, 2008


I really didn't want to post either of these on their own (mainly because they're both about Baseball and that's the last thing I want to talk about), but I think they make the perfect post in unison. The MLB Winter Meetings are kicking off this week, which means an inordinate amount of coverage from ESPN. While the network plans to have a handful of people in Las Vegas (seemingly to provide you with up-to-date trade rumors that won't pan out), they'll also be airing a special Baseball Tonight "Hot Stove" editions from 5-6pm on ESPN2 through Thursday night. Karl Ravech and John Kruk will be your hosts and will be joined by a cast of MLB regulars throughout the week.

And speaking of Karl and John, the Krukster sat down with The Morning Call to shed some light on their relationship....

Kruk seems to have a good rapport with ''Baseball Tonight'' host Karl Ravech, but says like with any family, there are some less-than-harmonious moments.

''You better have a good rapport because we're on four days a week from March through October,'' Kruk said. ''If we didn't get along, it would be hard.

''I mean there have been times when I wanted to punch him in the face. And, I'm sure there are times when he'd like to do the same to me. We argue. One time we went three days without speaking to each other, except on the air.

''A lot of it has nothing to do with TV. He might have said something while we were golfing or something like that. It's just like teammates on a baseball team. There were days I wanted to walk into the clubhouse and drop someone and I'm sure someone wanted to do it to me.''
Good times! Seriously though, ESPN does an excellent job covering those meetings. While I could care less about them at the moment, for those that do, it's probably your best option at this point. And last year even had a couple of nice trades to spark your interest as well. Dontrelle Willis and Miguel Cabrera both ended up in Detroit during last year's meetings. And while those moves didn't pan out last season, they were certainly exciting at the time.

Kruk the same genuine guy off camera (The Morning Call)

6 Comments:

This comment has been removed by the author.
Justin F. said...
Dec 2, 2008, 2:07:00 PM  

If the Eagles flunk down the stretch, believe me, I'll be thinking a lot about baseball...

Justin F. said...
Dec 2, 2008, 2:10:00 PM  

I wish someone would knock Ravetch's dick in the dirt.

Anonymous said...
Dec 2, 2008, 4:11:00 PM  

Sooooooo why hasn't anyone hit Steve Phillips yet?

GMoney said...
Dec 2, 2008, 4:18:00 PM  

you mean you "couldn't" care less... not "could" care less

Anonymous said...
Dec 3, 2008, 8:54:00 AM  

I WOULDNT MIND PUNCHING RAVICH IN THE FACE.

Anonymous said...
Dec 3, 2008, 1:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment