Sign Of The Apocalypse: Peter King Is Twittering

Monday, April 20, 2009


If there was one thing that I never thought see, was the day that Peter King opened a Twitter account. KSK found the SI writer's page the other day, and there are so many good entries, that it's almost impossible to link to just one. Here are my top three....

3. "Good morning all. This is my first Tweet of all time. Noticed in the NY Times that Oprah beat me by one day. I'm bitter."

2. "Just talked with Mark Sanchez. Dedicated lad. Worked out at his old high school tonight. Will go to class all week at USC. More in MMQB."

1. "Have a good day. Off to run some errands. Hey, thanks to Karen Dmochowsky and Sam Farmer for making Twitter sound not so intimidating."
As KSK points out, it didn't take just one person to help open a Twitter account for Mr. King, but it took two. I also like the use of the word "lad" in reference to Mark Sanchez. Twitter has taught me that Peter King talks like he's stuck in nineteen dickety two (King had to say dickety because the Kaiser had stolen our word for "twenty.")

The Peter King Twitter Is Here, And It Defines Clutch (KSK)
Peter King (Twitter)

Posted by Awful Announcing at 12:25 PM

3 Comments:

Is Brett Farve one of his followers or whatever. Still refuse to get on board the whole twitter thing and Peter King certainly isn't going to change that for me.

walnuts said...
Apr 20, 2009, 12:37:00 PM  

Nice "Nineteen Dickety Two" reference, but you know what this makes you, AA?

/I guess this is the new soapbox'd

Apr 20, 2009, 1:09:00 PM  

King also wears an onion on his belt, which was the style at the time.

GMoney said...
Apr 20, 2009, 1:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment