Weekend Links: Sunday Edition

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Yankee fans who are "divorcing" the team this season? I have no respect and/or pity for you. None at all (Can't Stop The Bleeding)

Someone agrees that UFC and boxing are more similar than most care to admit - and not in a good way (Signal to Noise)

An argument that last night's "if you went to the bathroom when the fight was starting, you probably missed it" ending to the main event was a good thing for UFC (We are the Postmen)

I've heard this argument before, but it's still the best defense of any young athlete: when you were their age, how would you have handled yourself? (YAY Sports!)

I tried to sell a bunch of basketball cards from the late 1980s and early 1990s last year. The guy at the card store laughed at me (Deadspin)

A few reasonable ideas on how the WNBA can be made better (If I Ran...)

Brandon Rush must have learned something from his brothers (The Sports Flow)

It's not a blog link, and it should have been included yesterday, but how can I fail to mention that "El Guapo", Rich Garces, officially joined the Can-Am League's Nashua Pride on Friday Night? I was there, about five rows behind home plate, and one thing stood out: reports of El Guapo's slimming have been greatly exaggerated. He's still a big dude (The Nashua Telegraph)

Posted by One More Dying Quail at 5:27 PM

3 Comments:

muchas gracias for the link

as for my fellow yankees fans who are jumping ship: fuck you
the Yankees lost the first playoff series I ever watched every inning of (1997 vs Cleveland, and I stuck with them and it paid off. the season isn't over yet (it's not even june!) so chill out. Coming back like this has been done before, and it'll happen again.

Sam said...
May 28, 2007, 8:32:00 AM  

That Yankee "fan" jumping ship thing pissed me off. I mean, like really irate. And you know Jane Heller has to be the kind of woman guys ask out because she has a reputation for putting out, but she spends the entrie date whining so much that you decide the the sex wouldn't be worth it and you crawl out the bathroom window to escape during dinner. I'm just guessing.

Sarah said...
May 28, 2007, 4:36:00 PM  

thanks for the link hit bro

Stefan Ming said...
Jun 2, 2007, 12:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment