Live-Blog Tonight: Eastern Conference Finals Game 5

Thursday, May 31, 2007



I'm getting back into live-blog mode with the NBA Finals approaching (I need a refresher it's been a while). The game starts at around 8:15pm, so you can expect me around 8. Here's my pregame thoughts....

I'm thinking that if Chauncey even remotely shows up, this game is a wrap. I don't know how Daniel Gibson can guard the stonger Billups, but we'll see. As far as Lebron goes....I think you'll see an above-average performance for him on the road, but nothing out-of-this-world. He'll have 14 in the first half, slow start to the 2nd, and finish in the high 20s/low 30s. Gibson cannot and will not repeat that performance a second time.....Detroit is too good defensively. It really doesn't matter how bad of a coach Flip is when Mike Brown is light-years worse.

The line is Detroit by 5.5. I'm taking the Pistons by 7, 88-81. Lebron keeps it close at the end, but the Pistons hit their free throws and pull away.

Bring with you your drinkin' caps and livers with you at 8pm, and let me know who you like (and why, you Mark Jacksons!) beforehand in the comments.

Cheers,
AA

P.S.- I'm missing Huey Lewis and the News at Wolftrap for this live-blog....you better show up.*

*- This may or may not be true.

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 4:16 PM

7 Comments:

Flip Saunders is a better coach than Mike Brown??? That's a puzzling statement. Brown has only been a head coach for 2 years and has progressed. Flip has sucked his whole career. Brown might be able to get better, Flip can't. Flip is a turd, Brown is just piss right now.

GMoney said...
May 31, 2007, 5:16:00 PM  

i like the cavs:

jvg: I see the cavs winning because i feel like lebron has finally turned a corner, he si no longer concerncd with what othe rpeople think he has gotten back to attacking and playing hard."

jackson "i told him to do that."

Anonymous said...
May 31, 2007, 5:16:00 PM  

Gmoney, are you serious? "Progressed" is just an unfair term to use when you're talking about the guy that was hired to be LeBron James' personal assist...er, coach.

As for tonight, I think the Cavs win. The Pistons don't really give a crap about anything, it would seem; they're the obvious pick but I think LeBron is going to the Finals this year. Maybe backdooring a championship with an incredible...I'll stop there. Plus, I always back my bookie breaker, Mr. Fancypants, when it comes to selecting against a line:

http://brahsome.blogspot.com/2007/05/liggity-lock-jahbs.html

Bstone said...
May 31, 2007, 5:53:00 PM  

Flip is outdumbing Mike Brown, but don't think Mr. Potatohead will take this lying down. He'll prove he's the dumbest asshole out there if it's the last thing he does.

Go Cavs.

Ray said...
May 31, 2007, 6:21:00 PM  

PS - Good to have you back live-blogging, Awful. The internet just got a little cooler.

Ray said...
May 31, 2007, 6:22:00 PM  

sweet, the return of the live blog

give me Detroit by 8
82-74

Sam said...
May 31, 2007, 6:48:00 PM  

I really want this to be the night LeBron redlines it (to misuse the Simmons analogy) and drops sixty on Detroit.

May 31, 2007, 7:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment