You Create the Caption #24 (Now With Links!)

Wednesday, June 06, 2007


(Usually) Everyday (usually around noon) I'll throw out a photo from the AP or one of the bigger sites and you provide the caption. Hilarity ensues. I'm also adding a handful (or two) of links at the bottom of the page that you should check out each day.

Yesterday's Winner: Ahhh innuendo photos...always fun. This one deserves a top three (in no particular order).....











"[PA announcer] Ottawa penalty, number 20, Antoine Vermette, two minutes for dry humping. Time of the penalty, 7:34 of the second period. Vermette, two for dry humping at 7:34."- Keith

"So, that's the five hole!""- Pete

""And this is what the Nasty Boyz used to do their opponents in the late 80's WWF..."- G-Money

Couple of hockey jokes and a WWE'er....love the variety.

Are you funny enough to create a headline for this photo of the NL West Division of the Ladies Hot Blogger Tournament?


AA's Entry: Go easy on me folks....

Daily Links:

Only one link is necessary today, and that is the NL West Division of the Ladies... Hot Blogger Brackets. Yours truly somehow bribed the women into giving me a three-seed, and a potential 2nd Round Matchup versus one Mr. William Leitch. I need you AAers! We're taking Deadspin down!!!!!!

(Make that two links.....I'm up against an awesome site Dave's Football Blog. He was actually on Sports Bloggers Live during Super Bowl Week the same day I was, and is a kick-ass dude. If you haven't been there be sure to check out his site.)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 12:08 PM

21 Comments:

#3, #12, and #14, please step forward, and turn to the side. The rest of you are excused...

Anonymous said...
Jun 6, 2007, 1:34:00 PM  

wait hwo the hell does a 3 play a 1 in the second round that makes no snese.

i have no joke.

Anonymous said...
Jun 6, 2007, 2:08:00 PM  

my only joke...

im seeded higher than you.

sorry, needed to be said

tecmo said...
Jun 6, 2007, 2:11:00 PM  

it would be a third round matchup.

wait if deadspin si teh underground and you are trying to overthrow them (not really) what deos thta make you?

Anonymous said...
Jun 6, 2007, 2:11:00 PM  

i shoulda entered, but i cant get a good picture, i always smile like a tard.

Anonymous said...
Jun 6, 2007, 2:12:00 PM  

I'm officially calling the NL West the bracket of death. The AA/Leitch match-up should be a classic.

I hope to mind my business down at the bottom of the bracket and hopefully eek out a few wins.

Ray said...
Jun 6, 2007, 2:25:00 PM  

I haven't seen so many pasty-faced white boys since the Manning family reunion.

Anonymous said...
Jun 6, 2007, 2:52:00 PM  

Is it me, or does Paul from the Mid-Atlantic bracket look like he's in jail? He's already got an orange shirt on.

TJX said...
Jun 6, 2007, 2:59:00 PM  

Oh by the way tecmo bowl, you may be seeded higher, but AA is winning against his competitor by WAY more votes than you!

TJX said...
Jun 6, 2007, 3:00:00 PM  

Yeah, that's crazy....and I only voted for myself 11 times!

Jun 6, 2007, 3:07:00 PM  

Wait a second, these are all fat white guys, how can they play basketball?

E Buzz said...
Jun 6, 2007, 3:16:00 PM  

Brian Scalabrine doesn't see your point, hollywood.

Ray said...
Jun 6, 2007, 3:38:00 PM  

"I haven't seen a finer collection of human crap since my last visit to Detroit."


You think you have it bad, I'm facing a Tim Tebow looking guy in the first round!!! I mean, I've even had impure thoughts looking at my opponent. I thought all sports bloggers where supposed to be incredibly white mutants!!!

GMoney said...
Jun 6, 2007, 3:46:00 PM  

Haha it's hilarious that Orson sent in a picture of Tebow. He could have sent in a picture of Sub-Zero from Mortal Kombat and still romped on his writing alone.

Ray said...
Jun 6, 2007, 3:52:00 PM  

Somewhere, deep within his lair, Chris Hansen's Pedophone just rang.

Anonymous said...
Jun 6, 2007, 3:52:00 PM  

Wow, Big Pete might have just done it again. That my friends is hill-air-e-us.

Jun 6, 2007, 3:54:00 PM  

CRAP, I WAS GOING TO USE THAT JOKE!

TJX said...
Jun 6, 2007, 3:58:00 PM  

Sending in a faux pic of himself, huh, his uppance will come!!!

I knew nobody named Orson could look that good!

GMoney said...
Jun 6, 2007, 4:26:00 PM  

just a potshot. all in good fun. i got wayyy too much love for aa

tecmo said...
Jun 6, 2007, 6:17:00 PM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Max said...
Jun 7, 2007, 3:20:00 AM  

These guys already have a hit show that they've been fetaured in...Dateline, right?

Anonymous said...
Jun 7, 2007, 2:07:00 PM  

Post a Comment