You Create the Caption #23 (Now With Links!)

Tuesday, June 05, 2007


(Usually) Everyday (usually around noon) I'll throw out a photo from the AP or one of the bigger sites and you provide the caption. Hilarity ensues. I'm also adding a handful (or two) of links at the bottom of the page that you should check out each day.

Yesterday's Winner: I put up a very uninspired picture, but you didn't disappoint. Your winner goes by the name offfffffffff........Pete!







"Hold on just one second there. You mean to tell me that EVERYBODY in this league pays their players? Well then how in the hell am I supposed to get the best guys? A DRAFT? I thought this was the NBA, not god damn Vietnam! Oh, I am so frickin' out of here! I want nothing to do with this Bizarro league!"- Pete

Sometime(s) I just go with the ones that make the most sense. Couldn't you imagine him saying something like that. Maybe not the Vietnam part, but you get the idea.

Are you funny enough to create a headline for this photo of Jean-Sebastien Giguere blocking a shot by Ottawa Senators center Antoine Vermette?


AA's Entry: "Just hold me please....I can't take the sight of Don Cherry's sport coat anymore!!!"

(AP Photo/Chris Carlson)

Daily Links:

Anyone Remember 10 Cent Beer Night? Imagine if Blogs covered it. (Randball)
Manny Acta goes off on a reporter in the calmest way possible (DC Sports Bog)
All of the Bad MLB Draft Mistakes (The Feed)
The Spurs = Nickelback (Rumors and Rants)
I hate F'ing Dippin' Dots Too! (Bugs and Cranks)
A Nice NBA Finals Preview (SS Reporters)
Donkey Basketball??? (Deuce of Davenport)

As always feel free to email me your articles, and you'll more than likely make it into the links section. I'm an equal opportunity linker.

P.S.- Ladies..., about that leaked email.....very very clever.

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 12:14 PM

20 Comments:

I think Vermette is trying to show Giguere how the new under armor is working for him.

TJX said...
Jun 5, 2007, 12:43:00 PM  

[PA announcer] Ottawa penalty, number 20, Antoine Vermette, two minutes for dry humping. Time of the penalty, 7:34 of the second period. Vermette, two for dry humping at 7:34.

Jun 5, 2007, 12:50:00 PM  

I didn't realize "Dancing with the Stars" had a figure-skating segment

Anonymous said...
Jun 5, 2007, 12:55:00 PM  

Dude...right guard..now

Drew Sarver said...
Jun 5, 2007, 1:01:00 PM  

I give up on this one. I thought I was pretty strong with the multi-level reference on Donovan, but no one touches Keith. TFF.

Anonymous said...
Jun 5, 2007, 2:04:00 PM  

See man, I had hockey hair this big man, but now I don't eh, ya know. I got it cut over at da Canadian Tire over dere in Moose Balls, doncha now. Guy La Morge did a good job of it, eh. Tell him Gord sentcha.

Rozdower.

Rozdower.

You got any beer in your pads eh, I sure could use one, eh.

E Buzz said...
Jun 5, 2007, 2:22:00 PM  

"Yeah, just move the cup out of the way... ahh that feels great."

Huguenot said...
Jun 5, 2007, 2:46:00 PM  

and thats how you do the humpty hump

Anonymous said...
Jun 5, 2007, 2:53:00 PM  

"Yes, I see. You're 'getting jiggy with me'. How original. Never heard that one before. Seriously. Fun-ny."

Chopper Dave said...
Jun 5, 2007, 3:23:00 PM  

"And this is what the Nasty Boyz used to do their opponents in the late 80's WWF..."

GMoney said...
Jun 5, 2007, 3:51:00 PM  

"Now cough"

Peter L.

Anonymous said...
Jun 5, 2007, 4:55:00 PM  

So, that's the five hole!"

Peter L.

Anonymous said...
Jun 5, 2007, 4:55:00 PM  

"I wish I could quit you."

Anonymous said...
Jun 5, 2007, 5:30:00 PM  

"lets see Apollo Ono do this!"

Anonymous said...
Jun 5, 2007, 8:16:00 PM  

I'm not gonna touch that one with a curved six foot stick.

- b said...
Jun 5, 2007, 8:31:00 PM  

Antoine Vermette: What the puck are you doing?

Anonymous said...
Jun 6, 2007, 12:06:00 AM  

Just massage my baby makers and I'll stop putting my stick in your face.

Anonymous said...
Jun 6, 2007, 12:09:00 AM  

Yeah... that's right bitch... god I'm so fucking sick of not getting any because I'm a hockey player and no-one likes hockey players also I'm gay because I'm french-canadian... ooh yeah...

Max said...
Jun 6, 2007, 3:14:00 AM  

You can''t force spooning, it just has to happen.

-Uncle Horns

Anonymous said...
Jun 6, 2007, 7:33:00 AM  

Your mighty odors arouse me to shame!

cakerockstheparty.wordpress.com

Andrew said...
Jun 6, 2007, 8:02:00 AM  

Post a Comment