AA Hearts: NESN Broadcasts

Wednesday, May 09, 2007



When I briefly ran through the AA list of the Top Homer announcing teams in baseball yesterday, I completely skipped over the NESN Broadcast Team of Orsillo and Remy.

Now I know Homerism has a bad connotation, but it really isn't that bad of a thing. As long as they are having fun with it, and giving the other team its due respect, then I'm cool with it (this is why I think YES broadcasts are terrible).

Well Don and Jerry are taking this to a new level. First there was the pizza incident, and yesterday we had the head rubbing fiasco....well now we have the Paper Airplane Experience (great band name!). I'll let reader Ben explain.....

I'm watching this blowout in Toronto, and the fans are obviously getting bored. During the bottom of the eighth inning, with Big Hurt up to bat, a plane comes sailing onto the field from high up in the stands. As the inning continues, more planes make their way down through the stadium. Remy and Orsillo are talking it up, and finally, Orsillo decides he's going to make a plane with NESN on the side, and send it down. Well, he does, and while he's folding it, Remy starts cracking with him that it's an awful plane (and from the camera on him, it's clear that it is a really bad plane.) So Orsillo gets it folded up and lets it fly, and as soon as it goes two feet it just starts falling like a sheet of paper in the breeze. It was pretty hilarious.
I imagine it was. I'll be here praying for the video to show up on the tubes. Bravo NESN....keep having fun.

Update: In my haste to get this post up I forgot perhaps the greatest NESN moment ever involving the two.

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 9:26 AM

9 Comments:

This comment has been removed by the author.
Brett said...
May 9, 2007, 11:06:00 AM  

There really is nothing better and when Dennis leaves he goes "hopefully you guys don't get in trouble for that." Classic

Brett said...
May 9, 2007, 11:06:00 AM  

You should hear the Mariners broadcast here, homer guys to the max. Especially PBP guy Dave Niehaus.

TJX said...
May 9, 2007, 11:15:00 AM  

The NESN guys are the best. They'll rip the Sox for doing dumb things, and they'll praise good baseball. Plus, it sounds like they actually enjoy baseball.

Watching YES I feel like someone is holding a gun to Michael Kay's head.

Anonymous said...
May 9, 2007, 1:42:00 PM  

You can tell how much of a blow out / how funny it is based on how uncontrollable Remy's wheezing is. It was some pretty serious wheezing last night.

doublenicks said...
May 9, 2007, 1:43:00 PM  

Yeah, like anonymous said, Remy has been ragging on Dustin "Pedroyer" for his big ole swing, and then last night Pedroia hits a 3R HR over the fence and of course jokes about it and says something like, "I love that big ole swing of his."

- b said...
May 9, 2007, 2:40:00 PM  

I've gotta say I do like Orsillio and Remy.

When Time Warner had the MLB package for free in the beginning of the season, I checked out a Red Sox game.

I liked the broadcast so much that I actually had to check out who was doing it and found out it was Orsillio and Remy.

Orislli and Remy are pretty much the only thing that Boston has that's better than New York.

Besides, Fenway.

JAMMQ said...
May 9, 2007, 5:34:00 PM  

This is the one thing I miss most since I moved from Boston back to the sports blog mecca. 162 days of Don and Remdog. Now I get them only at home games on Extra Innings. So so sad.

MDG said...
May 9, 2007, 7:31:00 PM  

The NESN guys are worth the $160 per yr for the baseball package. By far the most entertaining crew in baseball

WCT said...
May 9, 2007, 9:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment