Tony LaRussa Does Not Appreciate Keats

Tuesday, May 01, 2007


"A thing of Beauty is a Joy Forever.....my man John Keats said that. That's my man!"- Kadeem Hardison in White Men Can't Jump

It's the only poetry that I could think of that would fit this amazing video from The Fanhouse.....


LaRussa is responding to a poem that the Dispatch had ran about the Cubs, and was declining comment to show his displeasure. The poem is pretty stupid and not really a big deal, but I'm with La Russa on this one.

Two highlights that stood out to me.....1) The giant pause before Tony says, "Any other questions?", and then walks off the stage. 2) Tony shutting up columnist Bernie Miklasz after Bern said he was "grandstanding". "What you guys do in the newspaper....Didn't you grandstand the Cubs?!" (Kick his a** Tony)

Tony La Russa Does Not Like the Post-Dispatch (Fanhouse)
Cubs: No Tinker. No Evers. No chance. (St. Louis Dispatch)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 4:29 PM

4 Comments:

That dude is a seriously fat piece of shit.

E Buzz said...
May 1, 2007, 4:55:00 PM  

I wonder why fatty wanted to get a beat down in front of all those cameras? LaRussa would have mutilated his lard ass.

the butler said...
May 1, 2007, 5:27:00 PM  

Tony LaRussa might have managed his teams to a lot of wins, but he's no Lee Elia.

May 1, 2007, 8:36:00 PM  

I'll tell ya, as a Cubs fan I found the poem a horrible peice of re-writing and the original author should be ashamed to have his work destructed like that.

I cannot believe after reading that an editor would even allow that to reach the printers.

It seemed like a high school freshman trying to rewrite something and failing miserably.

My question though; does LaRussa get as upset about it if it's NOT about the Cubs? I know he said "major league organization," but it makes me wonder if the comment is made about the D-Rays or Pirates or whomever it doesn't ruffle him as much?

I used to really dislike the Cards, but after watching that video I have more respect for TL and maybe a little anger isn't directed at the Cards anymore.

therod said...
May 2, 2007, 2:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment