Your Favorite Indy Music Loving Basketball Player Has A Book

Wednesday, May 02, 2007


Count me as one of the many folks that enjoyed Paul Shirley's work on NBA.com and ESPN.com over the last few years. Well the NBA Journeyman sent out an email detailing the release of his first book. The book should probably be very good, but I got a kick out of his email as well....

During my stint with the dot-com, my diligence for returning messages has wavered between two extremes. Sometimes, I was a veritable pen pal. Other times, I was about as efficient as a post office in Pakistan. (In my defense, in the last 18 months I have played for three basketball teams, had two knee surgeries, produced a television show, and finished a book.)

I think it's a good book. I hope you'll read it.
Chuck Klosterman, of whom I refuse comment on, writes the forward. So if any of you cool kids need some reading material it comes out May 15th.

Can I Keep My Jersey? (Amazon.com)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 3:23 PM

3 Comments:

What's your beef with Klosterman?

May 2, 2007, 4:02:00 PM  

Just not my cup of tea. Others like him so I'm not going to bash him. He's a good writer if you like that sort of thing.

May 2, 2007, 4:07:00 PM  

I think Klosterman is just like any other writer - just looking for a way to stand out. People act like he's some kind of pop-culture guru, but I just see a guy who's using his liberal arts degree in a unique way. That said, I always find him entertaining.

But about Shirley - he and I have a lot in common. For one, I'm on his MySpace friends list, which is a pretty exclusive club (not), and we're both from Kansas. However, I still think I'm going to have to pay retail for his book. That stinks.

Eric (Extra P.) said...
May 2, 2007, 8:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment