You Create the Caption #21 (Now With Links!)

Friday, June 01, 2007


(Usually) Everyday (usually around noon) I'll throw out a photo from the AP or one of the bigger sites and you provide the caption. Hilarity ensues. I'm also adding a handful (or two) of links at the bottom of the page that you should check out each day.

Yesterday's Winner: Another tough one here....I'm going with a top 3.












1. "Now, Tony, on your wedding night you're going to want to take her legs and put them behind her head...trust me. They don't call me The Big Fundamental for nothing."- G-Money

2. "This is basketball Tony, not war. You cant surrender."- Hercules Rockefeller

3. "Je vous adore mon cheré. wait what's that mean?"- Jibblescribbits


Oh man....the one for this weekend is a good one! Are you funny enough to come up with a caption for this photo of ESPN Radio Host Shrutebag getting a tattoo for losing a bet on the show?


AA's Entry: I've honestly got nothing. I just can't get over the terrified look on his face. What a b***h.

Photo (Joe Faraoni/ESPN)

Daily Links:

Don't Do It! (38 Cliches)
Some interesting 50 Cent Vitamin Water News (Brahsome)
Barkley and Tony Gwynn Sticking up for Bonds (Bugs and Cranks)
Crappy Gaming Wecomics! (Covered in Gravy)
Empty Nationals Bud Light Bottles On Ebay! (Deuce of Davenport)
Armando Benitez Is Banished for Balking (Digital Headbutt)
Brien from ECB has a kid. Congrats man! (East Coast Bias)
Extra P tries to ruin RUN College Baseball (Extrapolater)
What a Dumbass (G:TB)
MC Bias tries to run the National Spelling Bee (If I Ran...)
Mark Lemke OBVIOUSLY never took Steroids (JCMJ)
Oh God How I Hate Michelle Wie (Larry Brown Sports)
Penguins Fan, and Rapper, a Witness to a murder? (Mondesi's House)
Your Bizzaro HOF- 1984! (OMDQ)
West "F***in'" VA! (Mister Irrelevant)
Kill Buss (Pyle of List)
Try and Challenge the NFL Cuban (Signal to Noise)
An interview with NFL from Hater Nation (The Big Picture)
Details from Vick's Dogfighting Escapades (The Sports Hernia)
Your Guide to Watching Game 5...Should be every game (Flyers Fieldhouse)

And finally....the link of the week in my opinion:

The Blog Show Drinking Game! (Rumors and Rants)

Make sure to test that game out tonight at 6pm sharp!

(P.S.- Friday links will always be a little larger to get you through the weekend, but definitely go through all of those!)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 12:15 PM

31 Comments:

Nah, just leave the jeans rolled up. That way they look cute, like capris!

the butler said...
Jun 1, 2007, 1:21:00 PM  

No No No! ...wow! That's like an anaconda. I wonder if this thing is going to have a happy ending?

Anonymous said...
Jun 1, 2007, 1:32:00 PM  

Don't worry. Don't . . . worry. It's not . . . the pain . . that's making me . . . talk . . . like . . . this.

I get . . . paid . . . PAID . . . to talk . . . in . . . ellipses . . . and repeat . . . myself. Myself. . . myself.

Anonymous said...
Jun 1, 2007, 1:39:00 PM  

Ha...good work Pete. That one made me sound it out and then laugh out loud.

Jun 1, 2007, 1:46:00 PM  

What the f@#k is happening?! I thought this was just going to be a sensual foot massage...

Anonymous said...
Jun 1, 2007, 1:51:00 PM  

What do you mean by hum the ESPN theme on your "microphone"?

Anonymous said...
Jun 1, 2007, 2:20:00 PM  

How do you spell Simms?

tecmo said...
Jun 1, 2007, 2:29:00 PM  

Oh my God. Woof!

Raskolnikov said...
Jun 1, 2007, 2:32:00 PM  

Geez, I didn't think a pedicure would hurt that much.

Drew Sarver said...
Jun 1, 2007, 2:34:00 PM  

Does Matt Hassleback also have that tattoo? You told me he did. Matt is so. cool. Seattle was robbed? Oh, I told you that 45 times already? I won't apologize, I have a radio show to do.

Ok, I'm ready for the tattoo on my ass of Herve Villachaize.

E Buzz said...
Jun 1, 2007, 3:09:00 PM  

Is it bad that this tattoo artist has a naked drunk chick chugging a beer permanently etched on his arm?

Jun 1, 2007, 3:19:00 PM  

"You know, I've never been inked before, but I'm pretty sure that you don't need to suck my toes while you're doing this."

GMoney said...
Jun 1, 2007, 3:41:00 PM  

"I hope this guy can't tell that I'm wearing a woman's watch."

Chopper Dave said...
Jun 1, 2007, 3:45:00 PM  

I swear to God, Rico, that if you post about this on Kos, Atrios, or Awful Announcing, I, I, I will... get my thousands of cheeto-smacking minions to DDoS you!

Anonymous said...
Jun 1, 2007, 3:45:00 PM  

Colin Thinking:*crickets chirping*

TJX said...
Jun 1, 2007, 3:59:00 PM  

Some really good ones here, I'm not going to even try.

Jun 1, 2007, 3:59:00 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
TJX said...
Jun 1, 2007, 4:02:00 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
TJX said...
Jun 1, 2007, 4:45:00 PM  

nothing say "manly" quite like shaved legs and capri pants.

frank said...
Jun 1, 2007, 6:45:00 PM  

Well that's great, that's just f'ing great man. Now what the f are we supposed to do? We're in some real pretty shit now man... That's it man, game over man, game over! What the f are we gonna do now? What are we gonna do?

T.J. said...
Jun 1, 2007, 7:21:00 PM  

So thaaat's what a prince albert looks like

JT said...
Jun 1, 2007, 9:02:00 PM  

Capri Jeans-$35
Shaving Cream-$2.75
Stupid gay tattoo-$80

Looking like an even bigger Shrutebag...Priceless

For everything else, there's...there's...wait, there is nothing else that would make me look like a bigger Shrutebag!!

Anonymous said...
Jun 2, 2007, 1:21:00 AM  

hey haha i made the surrender thing...i should be thanked for helping out Hercules

Anonymous said...
Jun 2, 2007, 1:35:00 AM  

hey haha i made the surrender thing...i should be thanked for helping out Hercules

Anonymous said...
Jun 2, 2007, 1:35:00 AM  

Sometimes a picture captures it all, no caption needed.

I don't think I can possibly add anything to the sheer brilliance of this picture.

Jibblescribbits said...
Jun 2, 2007, 3:25:00 AM  

option 1.

that is the last time i hire a-rods special masseuse.

option 2

hey buddy want to get toghether for a drink a fuck and a crashing of a website later, you can shave my ass for me?

Anonymous said...
Jun 2, 2007, 8:48:00 AM  

"It's a wonder Kim lasted this long with me; I am such a pussy."

Anonymous said...
Jun 2, 2007, 12:34:00 PM  

so that's where Tobias' cutoffs went...

Sam said...
Jun 2, 2007, 6:13:00 PM  

Did you know I once wrote a number 1 hit song about the ace of spades? What do you mean Motorhead wrote that song?!? Well I'm not going to give them credit after all that whining! The Ace belongs to the Schrutebag now.

Anonymous said...
Jun 2, 2007, 7:02:00 PM  

"It’s three words. THE BIG LEAD DOT COM. Right there on my fucking leg."

Anonymous said...
Jun 3, 2007, 4:29:00 PM  

/looks at notecard

"Oh hey, you must be wondering what I'm doing wearing manpris, getting a tattoo and with a huge pile of money on the table. Well, I can ASSURE you that it has NOTHING to do with the Japanese mafia! Not a thingy-dingy!"

Mike said...
Jun 4, 2007, 9:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment