Today (Or Yesterday) In Nut Shots, Chris Snyder's Broken Testicle (Wait, What?!)

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

I went back and looked at the Snyder video yesterday after it was mentioned in the comments. While the commentary from Mark Grace was pretty funny it just didn't seem that bad. Snyder jumped up quickly and even stayed in the game for an inning or two. I really didn't think it was worth posting. Until today.

The Diamondbacks have place Snyder on the 15-day disabled list with a broken left testicle. That's right....broken....

Catcher Chris Snyder left Monday night's game after getting hit by a foul tip in the groin area. About an hour before Tuesday's game the Diamondbacks put him on the 15-day disabled list with a left testicular fracture.

Snyder will undergo surgery on Wednesday with Melvin hoping his return is relatively soon.

"Hopefully looking at a 15-day period, where he is back after the All-Star break," Melvin said after the D-Backs 8-6 loss to the Brewers on Tuesday night.



Okay I'm nauseous. 15 days??? That's how long it takes to recover from a broken testicle?!? You have to be kidding me. I broke my wrist once and I was in a cast for eight weeks. Snyder must be a fast healer or something. Good lord.

A moment of silence for Chris Snyder's left nut (Lt. Winslow)
Owings start scratched, Snyder to have surgery (KTAR)

Posted by Awful Announcing- at 10:44 AM

17 Comments:

Mark Grace. Awesome. Can we please have him and someone else replace Buck/McCarver? He would definitely draw me into a broadcast even if I don't care about the teams.

Taylor said...
Jul 2, 2008, 12:53:00 PM  

I wasn't aware that a testicle could be broken. I heard of them being ruptured. Or twisted.

Anonymous said...
Jul 2, 2008, 1:11:00 PM  

I agree with anon, how do you fracture soft tissue? Is there a doctor in the house? Joe Morgan?

GMoney said...
Jul 2, 2008, 4:05:00 PM  

I don't think people have realized that it needs surgery. Imagine how his testicles are going to feel after they cut open and operate on them and after the anasthesia wears off. OUCH!!!

Anonymous said...
Jul 2, 2008, 4:39:00 PM  

I love how Darren Sutton (I think) was going to remind kids to use protection, until he rephrased it to protective gear.

Edward Greene said...
Jul 2, 2008, 9:16:00 PM  

Mark Grace is the best..."let's make sure we show that one again."

As for Snyder, my God. I hope he's OK.

Tony Ambrosini said...
Jul 2, 2008, 9:54:00 PM  

Grace was pretty funny there with the whole "wait for your voice to come back to normal," but I don't want him doing the national games. He's too much of a D-Backs homer.

Wear a cup next time, idiot. Best. Cupcheck. Ever.

Anonymous said...
Jul 3, 2008, 10:14:00 AM  

worst injury in baseball history

Anonymous said...
Jul 3, 2008, 12:35:00 PM  

Damn. You can feel the pain just watching that.

Anonymous said...
Jul 3, 2008, 1:10:00 PM  

So my guess is that a "fractured" testicle is a nice way of saying "unraveled."

...and I must say that Chris should be proud (?) that he has big enough kahones to be seen from the center-field camera 450 feet away. Look carefully - there's a little bump between his legs just as the ball is coming in during the slo-mo replay.

whuh.

Anonymous said...
Jul 3, 2008, 1:21:00 PM  

As a physician I may be able to clarify. Soft tissue takes much less time to heal than does bone (or tendon, ligament or cartilege) especially in the testicle where there is a rich blood supply. Fractured is an unusual term. It is either a misuse, or perhaps it is a way of saying the testicle was completely split in two (while that image may make you squirm, the pain shouldn't be any greater than a rupture).

Anonymous said...
Jul 3, 2008, 1:28:00 PM  
Anonymous said...
Jul 3, 2008, 1:55:00 PM  

worst injury in baseball history

Yes, and I am going to be sick thinking about it much longer...Snyder took the "worst injury" prize from Kaz Matsui, who earned the dubious honor before the season started...

Anonymous said...
Jul 3, 2008, 6:32:00 PM  

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bb/5697833.html

Ooops, sorry I forgot this...

Anonymous said...
Jul 3, 2008, 6:34:00 PM  

Yeaaah! I found Chris Snyder Injury full video at http://sowonder.net/video/?d=Chris_Snyder_Injury
O-M-F-G :)

Anonymous said...
Jul 3, 2008, 9:22:00 PM  

Mark Grace and Darren Sutton are great broadcasters. I line in Phoenix and am a Braves fan. When the d-backs and braves play they both appreciate great baseball even though they are rooting for the d-backs.

Get well soon Chris!

Unknown said...
Jul 3, 2008, 10:16:00 PM  

Hey, Tony. Mark Grace is a great announcer and DOES do national games. As for wearing a cup... HE WAS WEARING A CUP, Idiot! Happy 4th everyone!

Anonymous said...
Jul 4, 2008, 12:30:00 PM  

Post a Comment