The WNBA Has Some Interesting Advertisers

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Again, I'm ashamed that I actually caught this by having to watch a part of a WNBA game, but honesty is the best policy right? Check out the rotating sideline ad that just happened to be up during the second quarter of the Phoenix-Atlanta game....


Well how about that! I'd make fun of Fanhouse advertising during a WNBA game, but I'd love to have the budget to put up an ad during a nationally televised game on ESPN2. Bravo 'Haus! I hope you got at least one or two hits from the 5,000 people watching (I kid, I kid)!!!

9 Comments:

Bravo 'Haus! I hope you got at least one or two hits from the 5,000 people watching

But how many of those 5,000 people are behind that sign at the arena and can't see it?

Jul 2, 2008, 8:44:00 AM  

I accidentally caught 3 minutes of this game on the radio last night in Atlanta. I did not see the Fanhouse ad on the radio. Smooth move, Fanhouse, not connecting with the Atlanta sports fan who accidentally listens to WNBA games on the radio. Next time try ads on WE or Oxygen.

Doneycat said...
Jul 2, 2008, 9:07:00 AM  

It's a bitch trying to type with hooves...

/obligatory

Anonymous said...
Jul 2, 2008, 9:23:00 AM  

"I hope you got at least one or two hits from the 5,000 people watching."

Don't be ridiculous, AA. There's no way that 5,000 people watch WNBA games.

Anonymous said...
Jul 2, 2008, 9:25:00 AM  

Sellouts! Not the WNBA attendance, that would be absurd, but Fanhouse dissing the blog revolution for a few hits.

GMoney said...
Jul 2, 2008, 10:46:00 AM  

Whats an Adveriser?

Anonymous said...
Jul 2, 2008, 11:08:00 AM  

@doneycat: hahaha WOW

Anonymous said...
Jul 2, 2008, 12:25:00 PM  

I did not see the Fanhouse ad on the radio.

It would have been a miracle if you did see it.

Anonymous said...
Jul 2, 2008, 12:41:00 PM  

This isn't new - in fact Fanhouse not only advertised during the season opener on ABC, they sponsored the starting lineups:
http://sportsmediawatch.blogspot.com/2008/05/wnba-starting-line-ups-by-fanhouse.html

Of course you could make fun of the WNBA for being so cheap that Fanhouse could afford it...

Morgan Wick said...
Jul 2, 2008, 4:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment