Sunday, October 05, 2008
Sad Norv in the rain takes us to this afternoon's slate of games in the 4pm Eastern slot. It's almost poignant as they're a touchdown behind, but crumbling against the Dolphins. Antonio Cromartie wants to know if anyone got the license plate number on Ronnie Brown after the Miami RB ran his ass over.
Other news from the early games:
- The Seahawks predictably fell apart on the East Coast as usual. 44-6, Giants. That's an ass-nailing. You know you've wrapped up a win when David Carr is under center for Eli Manning.
- Sage Rosenfels and Steve Slaton are leading the Texans are on their way to finishing off the Colts --- wait a minute, the Colts scored 14 points in the last 2 minutes or so and have the ball again in the Red Zone. The Texans have their hands around their throat, and choke. Indy up 31-27. Rosenfels fumbled 3 times and lost two of them, but they're driving now with less than two minutes left.
- Philly scored the first 14 points but Washington scored 23 unanswered. It's now 23-17 with about 7 minutes left.
- Kansas City is back to amazingly inept against Carolina (34-0 as of this writing). Tony Gonzalez now owns the all-time receiving yards record for a TE, but if you set a record while on a horrific team, does anyone care?
- The Lions are making the Bears' passing game look like the Greatest Show on Turf. The Neckbeard has 300+ yards and two TDs passing.
- Titans-Ravens is the defensive war we were all expecting.
Cincinnati at Dallas - Jim Nantz, Phil Simms
New England at San Francisco - Dick Enberg, Randy Cross, Dan Fouts
Buffalo at Arizona - Bill Macatee, Steve Beuerlein
Tampa Bay at Denver - Chris Myers and Tim Ryan
Steelers-Jags live blog coming up in a couple hours, folks -- so stick with me here; I'm gonna try to watch my poor Broncos give up a personal-best day to Earnest Graham on the ground today. (If you have him in fantasy, I hope you started him today.)