Esiason And Aikman Kiss And Make Up

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Troy Aikman made an appearance on Boomer Esiason's MSG show last night and the two former QBs wasted no time in addressing the topic of their feud over the past few weeks. Via Barry Horn at the Dallas Morning News....

Boomer: "All right, joining us now is my new bias, I mean best friend, Troy Aikman from Dallas. First let me say this publicly Troy, in front of everybody: I do apologize for our little tiff about two weeks ago. I'm sure your week has been a little calmer than it was two weeks ago."

Aikman: "Yeah, you know it was a bit calmer and hey, I appreciate it. We both know we've been in the business long enough, we say things we regret, maybe wish we hadn't have. I will tell you though, for a couple of old, washed-up, has-been quarterbacks, it was kind of nice being back in the headlines again."

Boomer: "Yeah, it made us relevant, for all the wrong reasons, though."
Well isn't that special? See how boring things are when people are nice to each other??? Get back to talking trash and the accusations you two! Seriously though, I'm surprised that Aikman isn't holding a bit of a grudge because in the broadcasting world, the homerism claim is about as serious as it gets. He's a bigger man than I.

I'll also try and find the video at some point to see if there was actual kissing. Glad that's over....I can finally get some sleep.

Esiason to Aikman: "I do apologize" (Sports Media Blog)

7 Comments:

hey AA - fuck you!

/trying to make things less boring

-dan

Anonymous said...
Oct 30, 2008, 3:16:00 PM  

Hilarious. Not the topic, but the fact that the picture is Troy doing his best Paul Pierce impression.

GMoney said...
Oct 30, 2008, 4:06:00 PM  

Anybody else think of the scene from Zoolander reading that?

Boomer: I was whack

Troy: I was whack.

Anonymous said...
Oct 30, 2008, 6:55:00 PM  

Why would Aikman lower himself to go on that moron's show? Esiason's 'show' is aimed at 9-year-olds. Then again, Esiason is The Great White Dope, so it's perfect for him.

Anonymous said...
Oct 30, 2008, 7:35:00 PM  

Barry Horn sniffs Lee Corso's merkin

Anonymous said...
Oct 30, 2008, 8:38:00 PM  

your blog is so amazing and wonderful. I am taking the liberty of asking if we can put our website link on your blog?

here is our website : http://www.dvdsetshop.com

will appreciate about this. thx.have a nice day!

-----------------------------------------
Gilmore Girls Seasons 1-7 DVD Boxset at $ 56.99,
Charmed season 1-8 DVD Boxset at $ 65.99.
Smallville Seasons 1-7 DVD Boxset at $ 57.99,
Star Trek Voyager Seasons 1-7 DVD Boxset at $ 63.99,
The West Wing Seasons 1-7 DVD Boxset at $ 56.99
And many more stuff on sale! What are you waiting for?
Check this out: www.dvdsetshop.com

Anonymous said...
Oct 31, 2008, 2:55:00 AM  

Aikman really is a classy guy and an excellent analyst. He makes Joe Buck tolerable (somewhat). I actually like Stockton better than Buck. It sucks that he's back.

Brad James said...
Oct 31, 2008, 1:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment