The Jon Miller And Joe Morgan Breakup Is News To Miller

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I don't necessarily think that Bob Raissman would make an item like this up, but the more I try to figure out if the Miller-Morgan Breakup is going down, the more I find that it doesn't seem to be true. The latest bit of info comes from Miller himself who said yesterday on ESPN 710 in Los Angeles, that he hasn't heard a thing about the move. Via Sports by Brooks....


“The ESPN people, one of the executives, called me on Friday and said a reporter had called him an asked him about that, to let me know it was out there. He said ‘we thought it was kind of ridiculous because you both have it in your contract that you have to do Sunday Night Baseball. I don’t know the TV network can do whatever they want. Nobody said anything to either one of us about it.

“I don’t think there’s anything to it. But who knows? I’m not going to worry about it as long as they continue to pay my contract. With the stock market the way it is I’m going to be very content to get paid whether I do the games or not.”- Jon Miller

The two have been together for 19 years, and seem happy working together, so I really don't see this coming to fruition. With Miller not calling for the split, ESPN would be admitting that Joe Morgan isn't right for their number one team, and I don't see that happening. Well....they did just bench Stephen A. Smith, but at least S.A.S. seems to care about the Sport he covers. It should be an interesting offseason.

Miller And Morgan No Nothing Of Their Demise (Sports by Brooks)

3 Comments:

That Internet is so not trustworthy. (One of the hosts - :43 second mark)

And an organization that has "DO NOT REPORT" directives is?

Oct 28, 2008, 11:46:00 AM  

I trust ESPN more than I do rick james bible owner*.




*No, I don't.

GMoney said...
Oct 28, 2008, 1:28:00 PM  

Bob Raissman is looking to get somebody fired. Given the layoffs/cutbacks in the print media, that somebody might be himself.

Anonymous said...
Oct 28, 2008, 9:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment