Monday, October 27, 2008
Every Monday you will have anywhere from ten to twenty quotes to pick from and your votes will decide our weekly winner and ultimately the grand champion. I'll have the winners and new standings up tomorrow and be sure to cast your vote at the bottom.
I somehow completely forgot to put up the Week Eight winners post last week, so before giving you your quotes to vote on for this week, here's how last week turned out and your new standings....
Standings After Week Seven: 1. Lou Holtz (58), 2. Pam Ward (43), 3. Mike Patrick (35), 4. Mark Jones (21), 5. Bob Davie (20), 5. Gary Danielson (20), 7. Brent Musburger (18), 7. Charles Davis (18), 9. Petros Papadakis (16), 10. Bob Griese (15), 11. Ray Bentley (14), 11. Andre Ware (14), 11. Kirk Herbstreit (14), 11. Paul Maguire (14), 15. Brad Nessler (13), 16. Sean McDonough (10), 16. Todd Blackledge (10), 18. Tom Hammond (9), 19. Pat Haden (8), 19. Brock Huard (8), 19. Verne Lundquist (8) 22. Gary Dainelson (7), 22. Joe Tessitore (7), 22. Alex Flanagan (7), 25. David Norrie (6)
Others Receiving Votes: Jesse Palmer (5), Ed Cunningham (5), Ron Franklin (4), Craig Bolerjack (4), Terry Gannon (4), Dave Pasch (3), Dave Archer (3), Rod Gilmore (1), David Diaz-Infante (1)
Okay with that out of the way (my apologizes) here are your nominees for week nine. Gary Danielson had a killer Saturday, and he's going to need days like that to defend his title and catch up to Lou Holtz. Here are sixteen to choose from....
The Pam Ward Chronicles: Week Nine
1. "This is why going for it on 4th Down is a terrible idea when you fail. You turn the ball over." -Doug Chapman during the Toledo-Central Michigan game
2. "Kansas, right back in this football game." - Andre Ware, after Kansas ties it up. They were only down 7-0 before that.
3. "Alabama rolling over the Volunteers of Texas 22-3." - Wendi Nix
4. "He's tough to bring down at 214 yds." - Dave Pasch on TX Tech WR Michael Crabtree
5. "These balls are coming out in a few seconds!"- Brad Nessler
6. "The Badgers with the lead." - Pam Ward, going into commercial, as Illinois is up 7-3.
7. "[Illinois hasn't] found that back with a hot hand, who can take it out the other end so far today." - Ray Bentley
8. "We're actually double-fisting on Kansas and Texas Tech over here." - Rob Stone
9. "Knowshon Moreno, he's like a karate expert or something. He uses your force and pings off it." - Gary Danielson
10. "You asked (Central Michigan HC) Butch Jones at halftime about simply lathering up the hot ball carrier." - Michael Reghi
11. "When you're up 63 my friend..." - Andre Ware talking when the score is 63-21
12. "No more playing it safe! You got to go for it here" - Gary Danielson before a 3rd and 11
13. "Oklahoma State has how many rush yards in the first half, 111 yards per carry?" - Doug Flutie
14. "I dont know who's happier, Mr or Mrs Stafford. If that keeps up there might be a little Matthew coming." - Gary Danielson
15. "There's a shot of Norm Chow's forehead."-David Norrie
16. "When you watch Tiger Woods, you're in awe of what he can do with a seven-iron. Watching Matthew Stafford from up here, he's head and shoulders above most college quarterbacks." - Gary Danielson